1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 18:13
    This is how I do:

(1) When a person is on vacation, has set the flag and clearly states when he will be back - I never skull him out, even if it is within RHP rules.
    (2) Otherwise, when I see the skull I use the opportunity to skull him out and collect the rating points.

Others can do what they please to do. And I follow my rules of honor.
  2. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 19:42
    How can it not be more gentelmanly to wait? Do you want to play by skill or default? Some games go on for weeks if not months - no vacation in that time frame? What if you leave to go help a sick family person, or get sick yourself? Sure its within the rules, but why are we on this site? To play chess. t/o and the game is over. Reflects no skill on the skull taker. I think RHP ratings or profile should somehow show how many skulls have been taken, and wheter they were taken when someone was on vacation.
    Not ungentelmanly? Honestly. Try having some credability.
  3. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 20:141 edit
    Thanks for the input.As a noob here I had no idea what a can of worms this was.On one hand,in an OTB game there is no flag to save you from time out.On the other hand,this isn't OTB chess.
    In light of the fact that I make no statement in my profile reguarding my respect or disrespect of a vacation flag.I MAY decide not to time out the guy who went on vacation just as I was starting to maul him.
    On second thought.I think I will take pleasure in timing him out.
    And I will edit my profile.
  4. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 21:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And I follow my rules of honor.[/b]
    I didn't know you were in the Klingon Warriors clan?
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    08 Sep '06 22:54
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Thanks for the input.As a noob here I had no idea what a can of worms this was.On one hand,in an OTB game there is no flag to save you from time out.On the other hand,this isn't OTB chess.
    In light of the fact that I make no statement in my profile reguarding my respect or disrespect of a vacation flag.I MAY decide not to time out the guy who went on vacat ...[text shortened]...
    On second thought.I think I will take pleasure in timing him out.
    And I will edit my profile.
    Welcome to RHP!
  6. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 03:49
    Originally posted by Coconut
    How do you think it's spelled?
    it's 😛
  7. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '06 03:50
    Originally posted by skeeter
    (sic)
    I hope you get well soon Sir.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree