Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Nilfisk
    This is not my child
    11 Jan '05 07:12
    I have signed up the the 2005 Championship Tourny and now realised the actual commitment that tourny represents.

Is there a way of exiting the tournament without forfeit and thereby not affecting my rating? Or do I have to simply resign my games and take the ratings dive?

I am dissapointed with either prospect but the former is obviously preferred from my POV.
  2. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    11 Jan '05 10:51
    Unfortunately you have to take the drop.
  3. Standard member Exy
    Damn fine Clan!
    11 Jan '05 11:23
    Is it really so unmanagable - 22 games with a 60 day time bank on all of them?
  4. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    11 Jan '05 11:25
    Originally posted by Nilfisk
    I have signed up the the 2005 Championship Tourny and now realised the actual commitment that tourny represents.

Is there a way of exiting the tournament without forfeit and thereby not affecting my rating? Or do I have to simply resign my games and take the ratings dive?

I am dissapointed with either prospect but the former is obviously preferred from my POV.
    If you resign the games without making a move, then they are 'unrated' and obviously won't hit your rating points. But at this stage, I'm guessing you have moved in all of them.

D