1. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:03
    My opponent has only his King left and I have a King and a pawn left. When I checked the game through "My Games," it states that I lost the match and my rating has gone down. At the very worst I was going to draw.
  2. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:07
    Originally posted by Cblanca
    My opponent has only his King left and I have a King and a pawn left. When I checked the game through "My Games," it states that I lost the match and my rating has gone down. At the very worst I was going to draw.
    Unfortunately, you seem to have lost the game on timeout... 🙁:'(
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:14
    Game 2810257

The game was timed out, took to long to move.

P-
  4. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 18:29
    i dont have a lot of endgame knowledge but i think that game was drawn
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 19:02
    Originally posted by mazziewag
    i dont have a lot of endgame knowledge but i think that game was drawn
    Yup, you're right. Black has the opposition.

D
  6. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 22:58
    I am supposed to receive an email move notification but did not. I guess in the future I'll have to check this site once in a while to double check. Nothing I can do about the lost game?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 00:00
    I am supposed to receive an email move notification but did not. I guess in the future I'll have to check this site once in a while to double check. Nothing I can do about the lost game?
    No, nothing you can do now... don't let it get you down, it's one out of many games you will enjoy here.

I've shut off my emails, my game page is my home page. That way when I get online I know if I've got clocks ticking. From that page, just go where you will.

P-
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 13:43
    You may not necessarily receive an email reminder. I
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 14:22
    I never remind, not here not over the board, never. This I state in the profile so no one will be surprised.
    I never read reminders either. I think that is my own responsability to know when it's time for me to make a move.
  10. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 18:19
    I don't believe I'm set up as a reminder. I'm set up as email notification after each move. However, sometimes they do come through as spam. It's not that big of a deal but it dropped my rating (since I'm pretty new to red hot) 50 points or so and I was going to draw at the worst.
  11. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 18:29
    I don't believe I'm set up as a reminder. I'm set up as email notification after each move. However, sometimes they do come through as spam. It's not that big of a deal but it dropped my rating (since I'm pretty new to red hot) 50 points or so and I was going to draw at the worst.
    a reminder is different, it is sent by your opponent rather than sent automatically (like the move notifications are).

reminders are optional and many users wont send them
  12. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:53
    I would think in my opponents situation, the last thing he'd send me is a reminder. Live and learn. At least it wasn't for the world championship. I really don't know how people play 48 simultaneous games and keep track of it all.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 19:56
    I would think in my opponents situation, the last thing he'd send me is a reminder. Live and learn. At least it wasn't for the world championship. I really don't know how people play 48 simultaneous games and keep track of it all.
    Try the guys who have 100, 300, or 500 games. Crazy!

I started here playing about 30 at a time, now I try to keep it under 10.

P-
  14. Joined
    15 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 20:22
    I would think that someone playing 500 simultaneous games isn't really playing chess, they are just moving pieces quickly. I think under the "freebie" category you're only allowed to play up to 6 games at a time.
  15. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    05 Jan '07 12:56
    I thought you couldn't actually lose on time if your opponent had insufficient resources to deliver mate (which a bare King clearly couldn't). Am I wrong? Probably.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree