1. Joined
    20 Apr '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 21:09
    I recently resigned from a game , which now shows as a loss, because the challenger refused for days to make a move after I had made the second move. I am suspecting that this person has used this method to amass the large number of wins his profile shows.
    I think this is lousy sportsmanship and there should be a way to get out of a game without it showing as a loss when the opponent stalls ad infinitum. I have played chess for 65 years, not a beginner, and am disappointed in this action.
  2. Joined
    13 Jul '04
    Moves
    10 May '07 21:31
    Originally posted by Gibtown
    I recently resigned from a game , which now shows as a loss, because the challenger refused for days to make a move after I had made the second move. I am suspecting that this person has used this method to amass the large number of wins his profile shows.
    I think this is lousy sportsmanship and there should be a way to get out of a game without it showing ...[text shortened]... infinitum. I have played chess for 65 years, not a beginner, and am disappointed in this action.
    But at the end of the day, it was your choice to resign 😕
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 May '07 21:56
    I think this is lousy sportsmanship and there should be a way to get out of a game without it showing ...[text shortened]... infinitum. I have played chess for 65 years, not a beginner, and am disappointed in this action.
    A) You can claim the win once your opponent runs out of time.
    B) It was your decision to resign.
    C) Anything could have happened to your opponent which meant he couldn't move.
    D) If you subscribe, this is no longer a problem as you can have an unlimited number of games in progress.

D
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 May '07 23:08
    D

being a member is worth it....and thats your only loss 🙂
  5. Joined
    14 Apr '06
    Moves
    13 May '07 17:08
    You could have just waited until his time + timebank ran out then you would have been given the option to claim the win.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree