Loss.

Loss.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
15 Aug 10
1 edit

Read a book!

Moves
15 Aug 10

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
What are you trying to say?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
15 Aug 10

Originally posted by HandyAndy
What are you trying to say?
I think he was trying to say

Loss:

Lost in the reverie of The Work I was startled by a flashing light on my security monitor. Not the perimeter alarm, just the phone. I put down my instruments and made my way upstairs to answer the call.

My wife. Ex-wife, I should remember this. “David, I want the bear and the pictures of Michelle.”

“I don’t have them Margaret. I haven’t seen them since I moved out.”

“I know you have them. They disappeared when you did.”

“I promise you I don’t have them. I left everything.”

“Yes, yes you did. You need to come and get your stuff. All of it. I need to move on just as you seem to have done.”

“Sell it. Give it away. I don’t care. I don’t need any of it anymore.”

For a moment I thought the line had gone dead. Nothing. Then, “Very well David, but, I want Sarah’s bear and the pictures back, you don’t deserve them.”

“Goodbye Margaret.”

“You bastard…”

I hung up and returned to The Work.

He was awake again and struggling uselessly against his bonds. Difficult to be very effective at anything without your thumbs much less just having had your genitals removed with a blow torch.

Muffled by the gag, the usual torrent of pleas for mercy, professions of innocence and plaintive weeping assailed me.

I don’t usually talk while engaged in The Work. One might sooner explain oneself to a pile of steaming excrement as to a child rapist and murderer. Still, the night waxed melancholy and a sudden draft rustled my collection in an almost placative fashion.

With my voice cracking slightly I said, “There’s no use my friend.” Waiving my hand towards what looked like a couple of dozen pieces of canvas stretched tight across an artist’s frame I explained my intent, “ Very soon now I’m going to flay you alive and hang your stretched skin with the rest of my collection of miscreants.”

More muffled screaming ensued as he realized the finality of what was in store for him. Gently wiping the sweat and blood from his face I said “Quiet now. Try to be a man for once in your misbegotten life. I know what you did. I was your lawyer after all. Do you really think I didn’t know you killed that little girl?” I could see in his eyes he’d thought that I’d represented him so passionately because I believed him to be innocent. It hadn’t occurred to him that I just didn’t want him in prison.

I realized that I was screaming like a madman as I yelled almost incoherently, “She was so like my little girl. So young and innocent. You broke that innocence, strangled her, raped her and discarded her in a shallow grave. You’re going to pay with pain and fear. Horror will be the prevailing sentiment accompanying your departure from this life.”

As I carefully flensed the skin from his writhing body I started to laugh. My hysterical laughter drowning out his tortured screams. It was suddenly clear to me that The Work would never end. God, I hope I can stop laughing.

As the incinerator hummed contentedly I finished stretching the skin over the frame and hung it to dry. The others rustled almost happily as if glad for the new company. I checked the security system and with its status unchanged headed upstairs to my office. I clinked a small handful of ice into a glass and spilled a generous portion of single malt Scotch over the settling cubes. With a reverence approaching that of some somber and ancient ritual I pulled a box from my safe and set it on my desk.

Lifting the lid revealed a ragged little teddy bear and a book of pictures of my daughter. The book was stuffed with little things she’d made for me and yellowed newspaper clippings. Much as the pictures told the story of Michelle’s short life, the clippings detailed her disappearance and the ultimate discovery of her mangled body. As my tears ran into its fur I imagined I could still detect the smell of my daughter on the little bear.

But I could be wrong

Australia

Moves
15 Aug 10

Who's Sarah?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by adramforall
[b]I think he was trying to say

Loss:

Lost in the reverie of The Work I was startled by a flashing light on my security monitor. Not the perimeter alarm, just the phone. I put down my instruments and made my way upstairs to answer the call.

My wife. Ex-wife, I should remember this. “David, I want the bear and the pictures of Michelle.”

“I ...[text shortened]... could still detect the smell of my daughter on the little bear.

But I could be wrong [/b]
Nah. He was imploring us to practice good dental hygiene, but--- alas--- his keyboard's 'f' key is jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjammed.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Aug 10

It's really hard to skin a human well.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
It's really hard to skin a human well.
Easier to skin a moggy - neck slice to mid chest, back cut both front legs and pull out the limbs ( if it's not dead at this stage better now to cut its throat ) Sever the head, pull it and the belly skin all the way back down the spine to the hocks. Radial cut the the tail and back legs at the first joint and then with a little extra effort the skin will pull straight off. Pretty simple.

skeets

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by skeeter
Easier to skin a moggy - neck slice to mid chest, back cut both front legs and pull out the limbs ( if it's not dead at this stage better now to cut its throat ) Severe the head and pull it and the belly skin all the way back down the spine until the tail. Radial cut the the back legs and the tail and with a little extra effort the skin will pull straight off. Pretty simple.

skeets
Moggy wept.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by Kewpie
Who's Sarah?
"So easy to look at, so hard to define."

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Moggy wept.
Not for long. Back steaks pan fried in garlic butter, served with a Greek salad. Dressing optional.

skeets

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
16 Aug 10

( if it's not dead at this stage better now to cut its throat )
A pedantic point, but wouldn't the severing of the head in the next step render this one redundant?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10
2 edits

Originally posted by lausey
A pedantic point, but wouldn't the severing of the head in the next step render this one redundant?
Not at all. Cutting off the moggy's head requires releasing it from the trap whereas the chest cut should be only attempted whilst it is restrained.

Less risk of personal injury that way.

skeets

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Aug 10

Not for long. Back steaks pan fried in garlic butter, served with a Greek salad. Dressing optional.

skeets
I wouldn't have thought cat would taste very nice, being an obligate carnivore. Prefer rabbit - easier (and less painful) to catch and kill, simple to prep, absolutely delicious and morally acceptable in the UK. Best cooked by studding with garlic, wrapping in tinfoil and sticking in an earth oven while you nip to the pub and empty a couple of jars to hone the appetite.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Aug 10

skeets
Moggy's Mom/Mum wept?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
16 Aug 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I wouldn't have thought cat would taste very nice, being an obligate carnivore. Prefer rabbit - easier (and less painful) to catch and kill, simple to prep, absolutely delicious and morally acceptable in the UK. Best cooked by studding with garlic, wrapping in tinfoil and sticking in an earth oven while you nip to the pub and empty a couple of jars to hone the appetite.
It's all just a matter of economics. The day I can entice a domestic rabbit into a trap with a piece of liver then I'll go he. Until then it's the moggy's at $NZD20.00 a head and even with 40 odd traps I struggle to met the market.

skeets