http://www.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=385
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jun '12 22:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=385
    Evolutionists propaganda again. Here is the real truth.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/ask-creationist.htm
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Evolutionists propaganda again. Here is the real truth.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/ask-creationist.htm
    Sure, a dude pictured next to a bunch of sites. I have pictures of ME by a lot of sites, that doesn't make me an archaeologist.

Here is the real scoop on that supposed school, where you can buy a Phd for 3000 bucks. They only have correspondence courses. I'm sure a budding geologist would get a GREAT education like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_International_University

Your hero is a fraud, nothing less.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 02:241 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, a dude pictured next to a bunch of sites. I have pictures of ME by a lot of sites, that doesn't make me an archaeologist.

Here is the real scoop on that supposed school, where you can buy a Phd for 3000 bucks. They only have correspondence courses. I'm sure a budding geologist would get a GREAT education like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_International_University

Your hero is a fraud, nothing less.
    A brief history of the Pacific College of Graduate Studies
    Melbourne, Australia

Queensland Christian College, later called Pacific College of Graduate Studies (PCGS), was established in Queensland, Australia, in the area of greater Melbourne in 1980 and operated in cooperation with Kingsley College (KC), which was established by Kingsley Ridgway in 1948. This College was originally known as the Wesleyan Methodist Bible College of Australia. In 1974 its name was changed to honor its founder. Students come from a variety of denominational and national backgrounds.

An alliance was forged between Pacific College of Graduate Studies and Kingsley College when Dr. David Wilson (son of Dr. Clifford Wilson) became Principal in 1985. He served as the Principal of Kingsley College for most of the period under consideration. Facilities for administrative offices on the campus of KC, were designated for use by PCGS. The two schools shared a campus, a library and a number of the faculty taught for both schools. This cooperative effort benefited both institutions assisting them to meet the qualifications for accreditation by the Australian Board of Education.

(It might be of interest that, in January 2008, Kingsley College entered a formal partnership with Tabor Victoria. Tabor has taken on the majority of Kingsley's staff and faculty. Kingsley has gifted the contents of its library to Tabor and Kingsley's campus will operate as a campus of Tabor until the sale of the property. Kingsley will focus specifically on ministerial development for the Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia.)

Before and after his son’s tenure, Dr. Clifford Wilson served as Principal for PCGS. He has the degrees of B.A. and M.A. from Sydney University, Australia; Bachelor of Divinity from the Melbourne College of Divinity (Australia); Master of Religious Education from Luther Rice Baptist Seminary, Atlanta, Georgia, and Ph.D. from the University of South Carolina. He has served as a Fellow of, and Consultant to, the Commercial Education Society of Australia (under Vice-Regal Patronage). In 1971 Dr. Wilson was honored as an Outstanding Educator of America, partly based on his voluminous literary output. He has authored over 80 books, ranging across Bible, Archaeology, Psychology, Education, Creation and various areas of Apologetics.

Dr. Wilson has also been active as an archaeologist, including serving an Area Supervisor at the excavation of Gezer in Israel, sponsored by the prestigious American Schools of Oriental Research at Boston University. At this time he was Director of the Australian Institute of Archaeology.

One of the objectives of PCGS focused on the needs of missionaries in third-world countries who wanted to continue their education with a view to obtaining graduate degrees via distance learning programs.

Ian Plimer is a notorious basher of Creationists. He has wickedly slandered Pacific College Of Graduate Studies, claiming that it had no campus, no library and no faculty. Others, such as Glen Kuban, have repeated and promoted Plimer's lies. Unfortunately, others have accepted these distortions and repeated them, without being aware of the source. In doing so they not only slander the College and its Principal, Dr. Clifford Wilson, but also reflect on the Board of Education in Australia who granted accreditation to the College. To understand Plimer's diatribe, one needs to know something about the man.

Please consider the article, “Introduction to Ian Plimer.”
    http://www.bible.ca/tracks/introduction-to-Ian-Plimer-notorious-slanderer-humanist-anti-creationist.htm

In response to Plimer’s defamation, Dr. Wilson sought and obtained a letter from an official of the Board of Education of Victoria, Australia clarifying PCGS’s status. The letter states that accreditation for PCGS is extended to June 30th, 1994, specifying the degrees they were authorized to grant. Dr. Patton’s Ph.D. in Education was included within this period.

Dr. George Brown was appointed to the Register of Higher Education Assessors by the New South Wales Department of Education. He wrote an article reviewing the credibility several educational institutions in the Proceedings of the Australian Universities Quality Forum 2004. He has this to say regarding PCGS. “…had its roots in Melbourne, Australia, and in 1993 obtained accreditation from the Higher Education Division of Victoria to offer Masters and PhD level qualifications. This accreditation was short lived though,…”

In Australia, accreditation is a political football, granted by the legislature, not by educators or necessarily, on the basis of educational excellence. Dr. Wilson relates that it became obvious that accreditation would not be extended beyond 1994, unless the College agreed to teach Evolution as the basis for understanding life on earth. Dr. Wilson understood that it might well be possible to ethically fulfill this requirement; nevertheless, he chose not to walk that path. Consequently, accreditation was not renewed.

After this unjust, disappointing setback, the College continued it’s work of education, until Dr. Wilson suffered a stroke. Without Dr. Wilson’s leadership, the board determined the College would never be the same. They decided the College had served it’s purpose and, following carefully prescribed procedure, over a period of time required to honorably matriculate students involved, concluded the academic procedures and closed the doors.

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/Pacific-College-of-Graduate-Studies-Melbourne-Australia-brief-history.htm
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 02:291 edit
    A brief history of the Pacific College of Graduate Studies
    I think the fact that one could buy 'distance learning' Ph.Ds for cash lump sums is the "history" that is relevant here to your decision to cite a holder of one of these degrees.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 02:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think the fact that one could buy 'distance learning' Ph.Ds for cash lump sums is the "history" that is relevant here to your decision to cite a holder of one of these degrees.
    This is not the truth. You are assuming sunhouse is presenting the truth and that is not the case. I have presented a link to which you can find what the truth really is, so why don't you read it instead of repeating lies like the other evolutionists.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 02:54
    This is not the truth. You are assuming sunhouse is presenting the truth and that is not the case. I have presented a link to which you can find what the truth really is, so why don't you read it instead of repeating lies like the other evolutionists.
    I live in the Asia Pacific region and part of my work involves me in the higher education sector, specifically international education. The Pacific International University and Pacific College of Graduate Studies are absolutely notorious. Their unaccredited degrees are worthless, the puff piece you copy pasted notwithstanding.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 03:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I live in the Asia Pacific region and part of my work involves me in the higher education sector, specifically international education. The Pacific International University and Pacific College of Graduate Studies are absolutely notorious. Their unaccredited degrees are worthless, the puff piece you copy pasted notwithstanding.
    It was accredited at the time Don Patton received his PHD degree. It was the following year they became unaccredited because they refused to teach evolution to receive the renewal accreditation. This was a Christian college. Do you expect them to teach Satan's lies to get approval from man?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 03:25
    This was a Christian college. Do you expect them to teach Satan's lies to get approval from man?
    The problem was because they sold correspondence course Ph.Ds for lump sums of cash, not because they were "Christian".

I must say, RJHinds, your chosen approach to propagating your religion on this forum leads you down some strange, dark, ignominious cul-de-sacs. No joy of life, no generosity of spirit, no embodiment of Christian love, just ludicrous intellectual and interpersonal dead ends, day after day, thread after thread.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 03:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    The problem was because they sold correspondence course Ph.Ds for lump sums of cash, not because they were "Christian".

I must say, RJHinds, your chosen approach to propagating your religion on this forum leads you down some strange, dark, ignominious cul-de-sacs. No joy of life, no generosity of spirit, no embodiment of Christian love, just ludicrous intellectual and interpersonal dead ends, day after day, thread after thread.
    You have no idea what Christian love is all about. But the fact is he has a an accredited PHD degree and the fact that the school is no longer accredited for whatever reason does not mean his degree has been declared null and void by the accrediting institution after the fact.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 04:23
    But the fact is he has a an accredited PHD degree ...
    Did he pay $2,500 or the full $3,000 in cash? Did he use air mail or the cheaper postal rate to conduct his doctorate degree?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 04:24
    You have no idea what Christian love is all about.
    Can we learn anything about it from your demeanour and behaviour in this community?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 04:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can we learn anything about it from your demeanour and behaviour in this community?
    I doubt it; but you all need to learn about God's wrath first, so that you can gain a fear of the Lord. That is the beginning of wisdom.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 04:55
    I doubt it; but you all need to learn about God's wrath first, so that you can gain a fear of the Lord. That is the beginning of wisdom.
    Well, I am not a member of your religion, so your assertions about "wrath", "fear" and "wisdom" are meaningless. Am I not entitled to be treated with a little bit of common decency [Christian kindness and humility, if you want] regardless of my belief system being different from yours?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jun '12 05:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I am not a member of your religion, so your assertions about "wrath", "fear" and "wisdom" are meaningless. Am I not entitled to be treated with a little bit of common decency [Christian kindness and humility, if you want] regardless of my belief system being different from yours?
    All that I see you are entitled to is death.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree