1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 07:201 edit
    Almost Friends/List Game

Sadly, here's Gramp's top ten almost friends... tested under fire and proven through thick and thin:

* Iron Monkey

* Blackamp

* Mikelom

* HandyAndy

* catfoodtim

* huckelberryhound

* Rookie

* Shallow Blue

* YEAH BOY

* Orangutan

:'(

Yours?

2. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 10:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 11:592 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    In cyberspace and face to face, 'Live and Let Live' even with respect to others whose background, personality, style, age and status

may be different from your own, rather than vibrate, lash out and criticize whatever they may think or or say. Would you agree?

'
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 12:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 13:021 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Appreciate your prompt reply. Please step back for a moment to consider an often overlooked dimension of both spoken and written communication: Crux issue is tone. Eventually tone of motivation spills over and informs tone of meaning. Words themselves are little more than beasts of burden and indentured slaves, anointed to carry and deliver the load of the sender's message. As such, they've always been dispensable because they grow weary and inept at their twenty four jobs. In my view this rationale explains the reason for expletives, coarse street talk and creative slang to arrest attention since ancient times. Origin of this point of view dates way back to when I was given permission to take several upper level university communication electives from Dr Bonner in my sophomore year. Those impressions still linger.

gb
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 14:47
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Appreciate your prompt reply.
    That is a lie.

Please step back for a moment to consider an often overlooked dimension of both spoken and written communication: Crux issue is tone.

Yes. And your tone is consistently condescending.

Almost Friend!? Being on a list like that is, in and of itself, a condescending insult. I am not sunk so low that I could be considered even almost your friend. I despise you, and no, this is not a fault in my personality, and yes, another condescending "thank you for your opinion" will only make you more despicable. You are low-life, pond slime, disrespectable and to be disrespected. You would need a ladder to reach the lofty heights of "almost" my friend.

Richard
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 14:48
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    That is a lie.

Please step back for a moment to consider an often overlooked dimension of both spoken and written communication: Crux issue is tone.

Almost Friend!? Being on a list like that is, in and of itself, a condescending insult. I am not sunk so low that I could be co ...[text shortened]... pected. You would need a ladder to reach the lofty heights of "almost" my friend.

Richard
    😉
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 14:53
    😉
    No.

No smile, no wink.

You were not joking, and neither was I.

If you were honest, you'd admit that, but you do not have the moral capacity for honesty.

You are despicable, and every smiley you add makes you more so.

Richard
  9. In your face
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 15:32
    That is a lie.

Almost Friend!? Being on a list like that is, in and of itself, a condescending insult. I am not sunk so low that I could be co ...[text shortened]... pected. You would need a ladder to reach the lofty heights of "almost" my friend.

Richard
    Ha ha. I think it kind of suits you Richard.

I didn't make the list. I am apparently too good or not good enough. Ha!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 15:53
    Outstanding! As far as 'baiting' goes this is the equivalent of dumpster full of skate racks and fillet ribbons on a tuna boat... all tipped over the side dumpster and all.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 16:32
    [b]Almost Friends/List Game

Sadly, here's Gramp's top ten almost friends... tested under fire and proven through thick and thin:

* Iron Monkey

* Blackamp

* Mikelom

* HandyAndy

* catfoodtim

* huckelberryhound

* Rookie

* Shallow Blue

* YEAH BOY

* Orangutan

Yours?

.[/b]
    Do you actually think you could be friends with these people in the real world?

I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 17:19
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Do you actually think you could be friends with these people in the real world?

I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again.
    Using GB's list I think it would be interesting for you to spell out why you have such disdain for each user, and the demise you wish befell them.

GO!~
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 17:551 edit

No.

No smile, no wink.

You were not joking, and neither was I.

If you were honest, you'd admit that, but you do not have the moral capacity for honesty.

You are despicable, and every smiley you add makes you more so.

Richard
    Okay, Boss.

14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Using GB's list I think it would be interesting for you to spell out why you have such disdain for each user, and the demise you wish befell them.

GO!~[/b]
    Phlabibit, there isn't an ounce of "disdain" in the original post to this thread as you claim, nor is there even the least mention of detractors or enemies.

To the contrary, the intended tone of the thread is playful.

"Sadly, here's Gramp's top ten almost friends... tested under fire and proven through thick and thin..."

If any disdain, strychnine or viral disease are now present they've been hauled in by subsequent posters with chronic cases of prolapsed egos or jaded emotions.

15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 19:17
    [b]Almost Friends/List Game

* Iron Monkey

* Blackamp

* Mikelom

* HandyAndy

* catfoodtim

* huckelberryhound

* Rookie

* Shallow Blue

* YEAH BOY

* Orangutan

Yours?

.[/b]
    😕??
    Hell Bob, if someone likes me or dislikes me, can take a joke or not, it's hardly up to me. I wouldn't waste time making a list of people I think dislike me.
    Screw em. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree