1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 19:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Phlabibit, there isn't an ounce of "disdain" in the original post to this thread as you claim, nor is there even the least mention of detractors or enemies.

To the contrary, the intended tone of the thread is playful.

"Sadly, here's Gramp's top ten almost friends... tested under fire and proven through thick an ...[text shortened]... ed in by subsequent posters with chronic cases of prolapsed egos or jaded emotions.

I was talking to VR... VR seems to think you've made a list of villains.

As for making playful threads, GB... that's a bridge you've burned. Nothing you write will ever be taken as 'being playful'. You've shown your hand, you are just here to get a rise out of people.

You could spend months posting interesting topics that don't somehow degrade other users of the forums, answer any questions asked of you to clear up anything you may have said that confused another user or they may have taken wrong and STILL the damage you've done would be what people think of when they see you coming.

That's too bad.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 19:37
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    😕??
    Hell Bob, if someone likes me or dislikes me, can take a joke or not, it's hardly up to me. I wouldn't waste time making a list of people I think dislike me.
    Screw em. 🙂
    Point taken.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 20:071 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

As for making playful threads, GB... that's a bridge you've burned. Nothing you write will ever be taken as 'being playful'. You've shown your hand, you are just here to get a rise out of people.

You could spend months posting interesting topics that don't somehow degrade ...[text shortened]... you've done would be what people think of when they see you coming.

That's too bad.
    Some people actually believe it would be a perfect world if everybody was the spitting image of themselves. The Red Hot Pawn Sandbox is designed to accomodate all members in good standing without regard to gender, place of birth, citizenship, spiritual persuasion, level of education, place of residence, socio-economic status, voting record, employment, marital status, personality profile, athletic proficiency, intelligence quotient, medical condition, personal preferences, hobbies, chess rating, avatar, nickname, language style, computer smarts or lack thereof, on which side their hair is parted, where they hangout, whether they tend to run with the heard or march to different drumbeats, etc. There's no provision in RHP Policy or Terms of Service mandating any member, present or future, to read or post in the public forums. Those who do will hopefully be able to enjoy this RHP Site Centerpiece without becoming anyone else's patsy, punching bag or door mat. Live and let live, Phlabibit. You especially, as a veteran member, have the recognition and opportunity to influence many others who look up to you by setting the example of a member who conducts himself in a positive, friendly and constructive manner. Let's bury the hatchet. Okay?

gb

4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 21:13

You were not talking to VR at all.

Where do you see where I've said he made a list of villains.

Why must you constantly lie?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 21:14
    Some people actually believe it would be a perfect world if everybody was the spitting image of themselves. The Red Hot Pawn Sandbox is designed to accomodate all members in good standing without regard to gender, place of birth, citizenship, spiritual persuasion, level of education, place of residence, socio-economic status, voting record, employment, ...[text shortened]... elf in a positive, friendly and constructive manner. Let's bury the hatchet. Okay?

gb

Well said my friend!

Don't look for the herd mentality to change anytime soon though.

VR & The way I see it!
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Jun '12 21:221 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit Using GB's list I think it would be interesting for you to spell out why you have such disdain for each user, and the demise you wish befell them. GO!~
    Phlabby this is what was said:

Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Do you actually think you could be friends with these people in the real world?

I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using GB's list I think it would be interesting for you to spell out why you have such disdain for each user, and the demise you wish befell them.

GO!~

Where was it said that I had disdain for any of the users or wanted to see their demise?

I said I wouldn't lose any sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again.

It does not mean that I have any disdain or want to see any of their demise. These are your words not mine.

As I've said many times before, I don't know any of them well enough to hate or want their demise. It doesn't mean that I'd want to take any of them out for dinner either. 😛 😉 😉
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 01:21
    Some people actually believe it would be a perfect world if everybody was the spitting image of themselves. The Red Hot Pawn Sandbox is designed to accomodate all members in good standing without regard to gender, place of birth, citizenship, spiritual persuasion, level of education, place of residence, socio-economic status, voting record, employment, ...[text shortened]... elf in a positive, friendly and constructive manner. Let's bury the hatchet. Okay?

gb

Postscript to Phlabibit: During dinner thought it might be a worthwhile first step to suggest that you remove my nickname from your Iggy List. Doing so

would give us the third option of conversation in private, now and then, rather than silence or displaying any differences in need of being resolved in public.

gb
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 01:57
    Phlabby this is what was said:

Do you actually think you could be friends with these people in the real world?

I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using GB's list I think ...[text shortened]... se. It doesn't mean that I'd want to take any of them out for dinner either. 😛 😉 😉
    "I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again."

I've seen enough CSI and Lifetime Television for Women to know what THAT means.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 01:58
    [b]Postscript to Phlabibit: During dinner thought it might be a worthwhile first step to suggest that you remove my nickname from your Iggy List. Doing so

would give us the third option of conversation in private, now and then, rather than silence or displaying any differences in need of being resolved in public.

gb[/b]
    I'll pass on the "Crazy-Grams".
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:02
    I'll pass on the "Crazy-Grams".
    Bury the hatchet... you game?
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:36
    Bury the hatchet... you game?
    Since when we're physical threats tolerated in this forum?
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:40
    [b]Postscript to Phlabibit: During dinner thought it might be a worthwhile first step to suggest that you remove my nickname from your Iggy List. Doing so

gb[/b]
    That's mild, some people just don't bother to open messages.

:'(
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 02:41
    Since when we're physical threats tolerated in this forum?
    It's a figure of speech. In most places it means to forgive and forget.
    For SHTF preppers it means to stash future Armageddon supplies.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:07
    [b]Almost Friends/List Game
    Sadly, here's Gramp's top ten almost friends... tested under fire and proven through thick and thin:
    * Iron Monkey* Blackamp* Mikelom* HandyAndy* catfoodtim* huckelberryhound* Rookie* Shallow Blue* YEAH BOY* Orangutan[/b]
    why sadly???

you cannot think that you didn't intentionally set yer life up like this, and script every move???
    every nuanced word, carefully chosen for maximum effect, directed with unerring accuracy, only to innocently shrug and feign ignorance of malevolence???

you will be counseled again, right here, my "friend",
    pay heed to the words yer told...
    az soon az you decide to forget them again,
    or voices in unison will laugh and scold...

unless,

THAT'S what yer really after...

you like being spanked???

HA!!!

heavens to murgitroid, grampy's a rainbow warrior...

rookie
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Jun '12 03:34
    "I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep if I never heard from any of the aforementioned again."

I've seen enough CSI and Lifetime Television for Women to know what THAT means.
    You obviously watch way too much T.V., Mr.!!

Try living in the real world every now & then. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree