1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:101 edit
    Sum Total

Memorable Meals; Exquisite Wines; Casual Inebriations; Sexual Intimacy and Rapport with a Spouse; Children, Grandchildren and Special Holidays; Career Fulfilment; Trusted Friends; Sports, Music, Games and Books = The Sum Total Happiness Any Individual Who has Rejected The Risen Christ Will Know in His/Her Brief Life on Planet Earth. What have I missed?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Sum Total

Memorable Meals; Exquisite Wines; Casual Inebriations; Sexual Intimacy and Rapport with a Spouse; Children, Grandchildren and Special Holidays; Career Fulfilment; Trusted Friends; Sports, Music, Games and Books = The Sum Total Happiness Any Individual Who has Rejected The Risen Christ Will Know in His/Her Brief Life on Planet Earth. What have I missed?[/b]
    Perhaps a thrilling movie or amusement park ride?
    Maybe, a trip to the moon?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:23
    [b]Sum Total

Memorable Meals; Exquisite Wines; Casual Inebriations; Sexual Intimacy and Rapport with a Spouse; Children, Grandchildren and Special Holidays; Career Fulfilment; Trusted Friends; Sports, Music, Games and Books = The Sum Total Happiness Any Individual Who has Rejected The Risen Christ Will Know in His/Her Brief Life on Planet Earth. What have I missed?[/b]
    seems like a rather narrow view of happiness to me.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:26
    Originally posted by stellspalfie

Weigh in, Boss.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Perhaps a thrilling movie or amusement park ride?
    Maybe, a trip to the moon?
    ... and Chocolate. (lol)
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:32
    What have I missed?
    You have missed out on really enjoying all those great experiences because in your delusion you think you are going somewhere else afterwards. But in the back of your mind, you know that is not true - hence your reluctance to discuss what the soul actually is.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 16:443 edits
    In the book of Daniel God the Son of God accompanied the three Hebrew boys in a nice comfortable walk through a firery furnace.

I wonder in eternity some may take a nice walk through the center of the sun to see the Creator's handy work as to how he keeps a star burning.

I would like to take a harmless walk through the center of the sun to see what goes on there.

The writer of the book of Hebrews said that the believers have tasted of the powers of the coming age.

" ... those who have become partakers of the Holy Spirit and have tasted of the good word of God and the powers of the age to come." (See Hebrews 6:4,5)

I think that the three companions of Daniel - Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, who walked through the furnace of Nebuchandnezzar's fire, tasted of the powers of the coming age.

Oh, these were the proper Hebrew names of the three young men. The king of Babylon has changed their names to Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego.

Anyway, I believe some of the mircaculous feats displayed by both Old Testament and New Testament believers are samples of tasting "the powers of the coming age" - more commonplace abilities of God's people as dominion of creation is restored under their deputy authority.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 17:45
    Weigh in, Boss.
    you have seem to have listed the sum total of your happiness (without saying). im sure everybody has different lists. id put finding a parking space in a busy car park on mine.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:411 edit
    "There are at least six characteristics of false teachers in the Church Age.

a. False teachers are masters of hypocrisy. They use a phony facade, first exposed by our Lord in Mat 7:15, and further developed by Paul in Rom 16:17-18.

b. Behind a public relations facade, false teachers use legalism to convert their victims to religion, Gal 4:17 18; 2 Tim 3:5 7.

c. False teachers of religion appeal to human arrogance. They flatter their victims, making them feel wanted appealing to their pride, 2 Cor 10:12.

d. False teachers promote idolatry as a part of the devil’s communion table, Hab 2:18 19; 1 Cor 10:19 22

e. False teachers promote self-righteousness, to include legalism, personality arrogance, authority arrogance, crusader arrogance, and works arrogance, 1 Tim 1:6 7

f. Such believers are described as anti christs and enemies of the Cross, Phil 3:18.

False teachers are clever and can only be detected through the consistent perception, metabolization and application of Bible doctrine in your own soul. Without metabolized doctrine, you do not have the ability to identify false teaching. Metabolized doctrine is the basis for momentum in both the spiritual life and for discernment between the false and the true.

False teachers continue to operate throughout the Church Age, as this is the intensified period of the Angelic Conflict, 1 John 4:1. The legalism of self righteous arrogance has rejected the grace standards of Bible doctrine, and therefore operates on the double standard of the sins of the tongue, including flattery to manipulate their followers.

True happiness comes from thinking Bible Doctrine, i.e., from perception, metabolization, and application of God’s Word taught from the pulpit of the local church; it is not associated with hypocrisy and flattery, people, places, things, or success." (Pastor-Teacher, James Rickard, Italics mine)
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:47

you have seem to have listed the sum total of your happiness (without saying). im sure everybody has different lists. id put finding a parking space in a busy car park on mine.
    Putting other first, is motivated by genuine happiness in the soul of the grace

oriented believer (and from a sense of charity in any law abiding citizen).
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 18:54
    Putting other first, is motivated by genuine happiness in the soul of the grace

oriented believer (and from a sense of charity in any law abiding citizen).
    are you quoting confucius or yoda?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 19:48

Overlooked your comment, stellspalfie, how honest.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 22:21
    Overlooked your comment, stellspalfie, how honest.
    no, you didnt. you replied 'weigh in boss'.
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:27
    Originally posted by sonship
    In the book of Daniel God the Son of God accompanied the three Hebrew boys in a nice comfortable walk through a firery furnace.

I wonder in eternity some may take a nice walk through the center of the sun to see the Creator's handy work as to how he keeps a star burning.

I would like to take a harmless walk through the center of the sun to see what ...[text shortened]... ilities of God's people as dominion of creation is restored under their deputy authority.
    We know how stars work. The really fascinating thing about stars is that core fusion of hydrogen keeps stars cool rather than heating them up.
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    06 Mar '13 23:30
    [b]Sum Total

The great satisfaction that comes with solving some intellectual challenge, solving a problem, proving a theorem or something of that nature. Better than sex and much better than kissing a deity's arse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree