1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:046 edits
    I know I shouldn't do this on a Friday...but here goes anyway.

The beta site is now in public beta (open to anyone), but it is recommended that only experienced users look around.

Notes :
    - Do not use if you access the main using Facebook login. It will not work.
    - Only the primary RHP brand is available.
    - Image uploading is turned off.
    - IE 8 and newer, and latest versions of all other browsers supported only.

- It is recommended you update your board settings to the new "standard" set size. If you return to the old site, you must change your set size again though, or the board will appear without pieces.

beta.redhotpawn.com

Any problems or thoughts, please post here, not site feedback. Have fun draggin' and droppin'.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 23:29
    Originally posted by Russ

The beta site is now in public beta (open to anyone), but it is recommended that only experienced users look around.

Notes :
    - IE 8 and ...[text shortened]... problems or thoughts, please post here, not site feedback. Have fun draggin' and droppin'.
    Working A-ok here, Russ, using Firefox 20.0.1, yahoo edition 1.8.

Looks fabulous!
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 01:09

Notes :
    - IE 8 and ...[text shortened]... problems or thoughts, please post here, not site feedback. Have fun draggin' and droppin'.
    In my games, how do I sort by time left for me to move? Didn't find it by the usual way.

(This is aside from arrgh, change!)
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 10:57
    Still hoping for a fix on the captures tray.
  5. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 13:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    In my games, how do I sort by time left for me to move? Didn't find it by the usual way.

(This is aside from arrgh, change!)
    Time-remaining sorting seems odd. In one game, with me to move, I have 3 days + 21 days timebank.
    In games listed either side (opponent to move), I will have 21 days timeout and 14 days timebank, and 21 days timeout and 21 days timebank.

Sorting is less flexible, but looks to have the option I use (oldest move).

I don't see how to sort by "time left for me to move", even with the existing interface.

Buglet:
    Follow the profile link to someone's games, then click the top right "In Progress" button. The name on "Player 1" disappears, and *all* site games in progress are listed.
  6. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 13:35

[=http://beta.redhotpawn.com]beta.redhotpawn.com[/]

Any problems or thoughts, please post here, not site feedback. Have fun draggin' and droppin'.
    Buglet:
    Changing the saved notes, and submitting a move means that the changes to the notebook are lost.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 19:381 edit
    Buglet (is that even a word?): I find that now on the beta site that I cannot read hidden quotes (this is in the forums) via hovering over them with the mouse. No tooltip appears with the hidden text like on the old site.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 19:40
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Still hoping for a fix on the captures tray.
    Can you recap what you are seeing? I see no problem with the captures tray.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Apr '13 19:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Buglet (is that even a word?): I find that now on the beta site that I cannot read hidden quotes (this is in the forums) via hovering over them with the mouse. No tooltip appears with the hidden text like on the old site.
    Okay, I see the functionality has changed. If I click on the hidden text icon, the text appears in a box. Okay, got it.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you recap what you are seeing? I see no problem with the captures tray.
    When I make a capture, the captured piece does not go to the captures tray, it just disappears. I have to submit my move, then get the board back again to see the capture. It still works OK but I'd prefer to see it the same as the old board, where the captured piece shows up immediately.
  11. Joined
    18 Jun '07
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 19:07
    is it worth updating at the moment? sounds like there are so many questions - does the site seem any different in presentation and what are the benefits
  12. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 19:29
    Originally posted by Le Green
    is it worth updating at the moment? sounds like there are so many questions - does the site seem any different in presentation and what are the benefits
    It is worth trying, as it is the way the site is likely to be soon - it looks pretty good to me.

This way you get to make your comments before it changes - whining about it
    afterwards is strictly forbidden!

It is not an upgrade - just log on to the site in the first post.

ps. @Suzianne: It is a word now - you used it too. But what else would you call a minor
    issue that is not serious enough to deserve the nasty insect-invoking name of "bug"?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '13 23:45
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    When I make a capture, the captured piece does not go to the captures tray, it just disappears. I have to submit my move, then get the board back again to see the capture. It still works OK but I'd prefer to see it the same as the old board, where the captured piece shows up immediately.
    This is indeed happening. Well-spotted.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 12:351 edit
    Originally posted by gezza
    Buglet:
    Changing the saved notes, and submitting a move means that the changes to the notebook are lost.
    Saving game notes now requires the note "save" button to be pressed prior to the move. In hindsight, a warning should be shown when game notes have been edited, and not saved prior to a move being submitted.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 14:26
    Someone reported via feedback problems with a Kindle Fire.

I have managed to borrow one today, and can confirm that all is not well on Kindle devices. No idea why they are being awkward, but I'll investigate. If you use a Kindle Fire (or Fire HD) do let me know how the drag and drop board behaves for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree