1. Mosfellsbær, Iceland
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 13:08
    Nice work, Russ. I can't wait to see it play out on Blitz. Love the PGN being so accessible too. I like to keep copies of my games elsewhere and that is really handy.

Will Blitz be getting a separate functional rating soon too, or is this update just focused on the UI?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 14:251 edit
    Originally posted by tomasino
    Nice work, Russ. I can't wait to see it play out on Blitz. Love the PGN being so accessible too. I like to keep copies of my games elsewhere and that is really handy.

Will Blitz be getting a separate functional rating soon too, or is this update just focused on the UI?
    The plan is to introduce blitz with no dependency on Flash. (Support for which is vanishing fast on most new devices.)

Phase 1, Match current blitz features. If the new version is stable, and people like it...then...

Phase 2, introduce a separate blitz rating, tables, etc..

I have prototyped the basics of this already.
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 19:16
    buglet: conditional moves, promotion

On the old site, I have "Condition id 8", gameid=7354777
    New site: "Condition d2-d1"

I found the new site less clear, as even though I had a Q selected, the board showed a pawn, and the text "Promote to undefined". I don't actually know how I should enter this sort of condition on the new site, so back to the old to do it, and then check the results on the new - shows a Q, but still has the same text.

Browser Firefox 20.0 on Unbuntu.

Buglet, as conditional moves are probably rare, and promotion even more so.
  4. Wokingham
    Moves
    01 May '13 13:11
    A "buggle"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree