1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    When I make a capture, the captured piece does not go to the captures tray, it just disappears. I have to submit my move, then get the board back again to see the capture. It still works OK but I'd prefer to see it the same as the old board, where the captured piece shows up immediately.
    I hope people really did care about this, because I've spent all day making it work like the current site! 🙂 Not uploaded, but will do tomorrow.
  2. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 18:42
    hi there - i'm just checking out the new format and there are no chess pieces showing. at the top of the page it says update browser to IE8 - how do i go about this please
  3. Standard memberyavash
    lovin the sea breeze
    Up North!
    Moves
    22 Apr '13 18:431 edit
    it would help if i read the first post eh!

i did go and re do the chess board settings but to no avail. back on the old format. i like it here
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 00:27
    Originally posted by yavash
    it would help if i read the first post eh!

i did go and re do the chess board settings but to no avail. back on the old format. i like it here
    There are new board sizes and piece sets with the new site, and if you try going back and forth you'll end up with blank boards and worse. I'd suggest you persevere with the beta format, because ultimately the old format will disappear. I've been on the beta site for more than two months, and looking back I can see it took a couple of weeks before I stopped swearing and complaining and started finding the good things. Now I only dig up the old site when I need a game number (game numbers are a little harder to find on the beta).
  5. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 05:41
    Not thrilled with the column order on 'My Games.' I play on my iPod touch and I like having the 'Your Move' link next to the name of my opponent. When I'm zoomed in enough to get a good click on 'Your Move' I can no longer see whose game I will be seeing.
  6. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 12:58
    I think it may be helpful to the site God if those with site issues would include their browser and device info.

Live long and prosper.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 14:08
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    I think it may be helpful to the site God if those with site issues would include their browser and device info.

Live long and prosper.
    Always good, and game ids (from the info tab if you need it). And ideally, if reproducible, the steps to recreate the issue.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '13 14:142 edits
    The "dynamic" captured pieces are now back in.

An issue that had not been reported previously during this beta, but was driving me nuts personally, has also been fixed.

When a drag was started on an iPad/Android device (any webkit based browser) the dragged piece would sometimes flash momentarily in somewhat random locations (normally top left). This very annoying bug was quite elusive, but now squished, and I am now fighting the urge to down tools, head out into the sunshine and celebrate with my publican. 😵
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 01:052 edits
    New trivia item:
    MyHome page, Completed Games In Last 7 Days, message from opponent has a problem with text, it doesn't quite fit because the bottom fifth of the text is obscured. PC,FF,W7

As far as that goes, the shape of the MyHome page is now pretty strange, half in one format, half in another. We've lost the click-to-close function which used to make it easy to get the junk out of the way. The whole page is pretty pointless really, virtually everything has been provided in a better format elsewhere. I have only two reasons for visiting the MyHome page at all: (1) list of available tournaments (2) access to MyPerformance page. Both of these have other places they could go. Does anyone use the MyHome page for anything else?
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:233 edits
    Time to throw the switch...

Thread 152636
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 08:49
    Good luck Russ - fingers crossed!
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 09:11
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Good luck Russ - fingers crossed!
    You can only procrastinate so long...

I'm expecting a busy week of fire fighting next week addressing issues! Should be fun...

Then on to that blitz update using the new UI. Looking forward to this work.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 10:32
    Originally posted by Russ
    You can only procrastinate so long...

I'm expecting a busy week of fire fighting next week addressing issues! Should be fun...

Then on to that blitz update using the new UI. Looking forward to this work.
    Every time I visit this thread and see the words

PUBLIC BETA

I think I have entered a chaotic public wing of a hospital.

PUBLIC BETA.........5th floor.

PRIVATE PATIENTS.............follow the red carpet.
  14. Subscriberdaniv
    Daniel
    Bucharest
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 11:15
    Sorry for finding about these updates so late, but.. when will be there used https instead of http, taking into account actual internet threats?
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 12:08
    We don't use our real names, and we're warned not to give out personal information of any kind, and we have password login, that's quite enough security for this site IMHO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree