1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:292 edits
    According to the Stanford-Binet system, mine is 161. Is this good or bad compared to the average person?

EDIT: what is it like compared to the average chess player?
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:33
    Originally posted by Tygert
    According to the Stanford-Binet system, mine is 161. Is this good or bad compared to the average person?
    I'd say if you have to ask then I'd take the "test" again because the number is wrong (too high).🙄
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I'd say if you have to ask then I'd take the "test" again because the number is wrong (too high).🙄
    ?! The Stanford-Binet is the most reliable IQ test in the world and I took the one on paper..
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:42
    So you have an IQ of 161 and have to ask here what it means?

Retard.
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you have an IQ of 161 and have to ask here what it means?

Retard.
    I was asking for what other people's was because I heard that chess players are generally very clever. (two of the top ten highest IQs in the world are held by Garry Kasparov and Judit Polgar)
    There is no reason to call me a retard.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:47
    ?! The Stanford-Binet is the most reliable IQ test in the world and I took the one on paper..
    If your life depended on it, what would be your best guess as to the average IQ? (and lets suppose you're given the opportunity to use google prior to submitting your answer
  7. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:50
    Originally posted by Agerg
    If your life depended on it, what would be your best guess as to the [b]average IQ? (and lets suppose you're given the opportunity to use google prior to submitting your answer[/b]
    What I'm referring to is the average chess player, as they are generally well educated. The average IQ of 100 is not a true reflection of the average person on this site.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:532 edits
    What I'm referring to is the average chess player, as they are generally well educated. The average IQ of 100 is not a true reflection of the average person on this site.
    You never specified a subset if the worlds population with which to take average, and to infer chess players you could equally well infer IQ test takers.

Further, I don't trust your correlation between eduction and likelyhood of attaining chess competency. Evidence?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:53
    I was asking for what other people's was because I heard that chess players are generally very clever. (two of the top ten highest IQs in the world are held by Garry Kasparov and Judit Polgar)
    Oh dear, massive IQ, retard and no SoH.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:56
    What is this mockerwy I see befwore me...
  11. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:571 edit
    You never specified a subset if the worlds population with which to take average, and to infer chess players you could equally well infer IQ test takers.
    My scientific question as to whether there is a correlation between chess players and IQ is not being answered so I am going to abandon the thread in future. Yes, there are many variables but this is a forum and I cannot type them all. Please be helpful, use your common sense and put the information together.
  12. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 20:59

Further, I don't trust your correlation between eduction and likelyhood of attaining chess competency. Evidence?
    The Polgar sisters. Google them and Laszlo Polgar's education experiment.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 21:001 edit

EDIT: what is it like compared to the average chess player?
    -142, chess is not like mathematics, much learning is subliminal.
  14. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 21:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    -142, chess is not like mathematics, much learning is subliminal.
    Nice. 🙂
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '13 21:03
    Nice thread, Tygert. My daughter, Heidi's IQ Score is similar to yours.
    Do you know the identities of the other eight of the Top Ten?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree