1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I thought the median in the US was set at 82?

-m.

Just to improve matters?
    It is NOW. Did you see the test results showing US ADULTS way behind other developed countries on general knowledge?

http://phys.org/news/2013-10-adults-score-average-worldwide.html#firstCmt
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 07:22
    Originally posted by Tygert
    According to the Stanford-Binet system, mine is 161. Is this good or bad compared to the average person?

EDIT: what is it like compared to the average chess player?
    Tygert, how would we construct an equation to identify an RHP Member's combined Chess and Public Forum Quotient?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 14:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hmm... the prominent positioning of the vertical pronoun may subliminally influence a child's intellectual development in the early years. Wonder if a child with a name beginning with the letter "I" was ever given the nickname "I" by his friends. "Hey, I". Come to think of it, I guess we all have that nickname; it's one we give ourselves all the time.[h ...[text shortened]... .......................................................................... I sorry. lol[/hidden]
    IDK, go ask Igor, Ivan or Iago.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Nov '13 16:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    IDK, go ask Igor, Ivan or Iago.
    "IDK" Cool. How about a measure of online general forum etiquette and savvy? How would the coefficient equation
    be determined and what would be its name? Posts X Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down? Forum Q? Mine's a 4.0 lol
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 10:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Is this the list of the 10 smartest? It has Judit in it but I don't see Vos Savant. Her adult IQ is still above 180, also President Clinton was around 180 also and Stormin' Norman, General Shwartzkopf was about 180. Why weren't they on the list?

http://www.superscholar.org/smartest-people/
    This list is just ridiculous.

Of course there are some really bright people up there and I don't say that I can hold a candle to them.
    But giving an IQ of 192 is just a laugh. You can't calibrate the IQ in the region above 145 because of the lack of people in that group. And the problem that you would need a much more intelligent person...

The other point is that it is common knowledge that high IQ and success in life are loosly related if at all. Too much of a thing can seriously hinder a person.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    03 Jan '14 12:10
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    This list is just ridiculous.

Of course there are some really bright people up there and I don't say that I can hold a candle to them.
    But giving an IQ of 192 is just a laugh. You can't calibrate the IQ in the region above 145 because of the lack of people in that group. And the problem that you would need a much more intelligent person...

The ot ...[text shortened]... success in life are loosly related if at all. Too much of a thing can seriously hinder a person.
    The only level an IQ test is capable of measuring is that of being able to complete an IQ tes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree