1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 09:042 edits
    RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section

1. Christianity

1.1. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

1.2. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

1.3. "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a)

1.4. "I am the way, and the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6b)

1.5. "As it is written, 'There is none righteous, not even one'". (Romans 3:10)

1.6. "Therefore, just as through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and death spread to all men because all have sinned." (Romans 5:12)

1.7. "For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment." (Isaiah 64:6a)

1.8. "Truly, truly, I say unto you every one who commits sin is the slave of sin." (John 8:34)

1.9. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

1.10. "He [God] made Him [Christ] who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

1.11. "And being in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." (Philippians 2:8)

1.12. "For there is one God and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all." (1 Timothy 2:5-6a)

1.13. ""But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.(John 1:12)

1.14. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

1.15. "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

1.16. "He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

1.17. "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26a)

1.18. "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

1.19. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)

(to be continued)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 13:071 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section

1. Christianity

1.2. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to ...[text shortened]... st Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)

(to be continued)[/b]
    It must be a very hard pill to swallow GB. I know what you going through. To now be in the sunset of your life and only just realizing that you have believed the wrong doctrine. That all these fallible men who you place up on a pedestal. These men who convinced you that all you have to do accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved eternally. That you would not have to account for your sin. That you can sin and it would not be held against you.

Its never too late to accept that your doctrine is false, and believe the right doctrine that Christ preached of love, good works and righteousness. Try it before its too late.

This is Christianity:
    Love God, your neighbour as yourself.
    Do good works and deeds.
    Live righteously as Christ did.

Constantly repeating your false doctrine does not make it any less false.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:552 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It must be a very hard pill to swallow GB. I know what you going through. To now be in the sunset of your life and only just realizing that you have believed the wrong doctrine. That all these fallible men who you place up on a pedestal. These men who convinced you that all you have to do accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved eternally. That yo ...[text shortened]... usly as Christ did.

"Good works" is not a requirement, it is a result.

But do go on, continue boasting.

That's the thing about Christ's commandments, you have to do them all first, and then you do the rejoicing (which is where the "good works" comes in, by the way, they mean a lot more when you don't have to do them, but you do them anyway). You do remember the "so none can boast" verse, yes? I'm thinking if you do the boasting anyway, in contradiction of Christ, then you're just a tad early with the rejoicing.

I'm also thinking it's disrespectful to your Christian brothers to just assume there are no "good works" being done. What don't you get about "not boasting" about your "good works"? And what about that "show love for your Christian brothers" commandment? Do you often love those you disrespect? Interestingly, this is where the JWs go astray as well. They can't even recognize their non-JW Christian brothers as Christian. This is also the danger of assuming those who do not boast of their "good works" have no "good works" and are therefore not Christian.

I guess so much for "living righteously as Christ did" too, then.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Good works" is not a requirement, it is a result.

But do go on, continue boasting.

That's the thing about Christ's commandments, you have to do them all first, and then you do the rejoicing (which is where the "good works" comes in, by the way, they mean a lot more when you don't have to do them, but you do them anyway). You do ...[text shortened]... re therefore not Christian.

I guess so much for "living righteously as Christ did" too, then.
    I have never ever mentioned anything about what I do personally in any public forum. I follow a very strict privacy policy. I dont ask and I dont tell. Whatever I do is a private matter between me and God. You are not party to that, sorry. So your comment about me boasting is nonsense.

In fact the greatest boast is what you people do .. 'Im saved eternally and I can sin without consequences'. It is also a foolish empty boast that leads to damnation.

As for showing love. You dont have a clue what that means. You have a screwed facebook mentality of liking or disliking who agrees or disagrees with you respectively. Thats not love. That is part of the shallow worldliness in which the world is caught up.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 20:47
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section

1. Christianity

1.2. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to ...[text shortened]... st Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)

(to be continued)[/b]
    1.20. "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26) When you believe in Christ, you enter into a new, personal relationship with God; a relationship beginning in time and a member of His family forever.

1.21. "And I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:28) Though all believers will fail, some more than others, God never abandons any of his children. Their position in Him is secure. The fact of His timely warning and intensive discipline attests to His love for His children. It's a permanent union.

1.22. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities nor things present, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the unfailing love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39) Relationship with God is permanent. Once you've believed in Christ, you cannot lose your salvation. Your ultimate security is God's unconditional promise of eternal life. God's perfection is your guarantee.

(to be continued)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 21:49
    It must be a very hard pill to swallow GB. I know what you going through. To now be in the sunset of your life and only just realizing that you have believed the wrong doctrine. That all these fallible men who you place up on a pedestal. These men who convinced you that all you have to do accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved eternally. That yo ...[text shortened]... usly as Christ did.

If you look closely you may notice it is scripture not "false doctrine" as you state.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 21:56
    Phil 1:6-7
    being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
    NKJV

Heb 13:5-6
    For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say:

"The Lord is my helper;
    I will not fear.
    What can man do to me?"
    NKJV

John 10:28-30
    And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
    NKJV
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you look closely you may notice it is scripture not "false doctrine" as you state.
    Smarty, where do you think false doctrines come from, the newspapers?

All false doctrines have their roots in Bible verses. It is the result of taking pieces of the Bible that suit your taste and manipulating it.

eg Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

People like you ignore the part about 'believe in thine heart'. The true meaning of that expression to believe in your heart is to, obey, act, repent of past sins and live a life of good works.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 23:07

All false doctrines have their roots in Bible verses. It is the result of taking pieces of the Bible that suit your taste and manipulating it.

eg [i]Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the ...[text shortened]... on to believe in your heart is to, obey, act, repent of past sins and live a life of good works.
    To an outsider it looks as though, if your accusation of Dive is the right way to say it, you too, are "taking pieces of the Bible that suit your taste and manipulating it" -- unless you can provide a Biblical basis for believing what you say "to believe in your heart" is. Certainly you don't expect him to believe it on your say so, do you?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 00:27

eg [i]Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the ...[text shortened]... on to believe in your heart is to, obey, act, repent of past sins and live a life of good works.
    Do you know what "believe in your heart" means? It means that you KNOW with all your being that Jesus is Lord and that you are saved from God's wrath!
    It means that I KNOW that I am sanctified, redeemed, righteous because Jesus Christ died in my place!
    It means I KNOW he will never leave me nor forsake me!
    It means I KNOW that he rejoices over me with singing!
    It means I KNOW that I am "seated" in the heavenlies in Christ!
    It means I KNOW I have the peace of God!
    It means I KNOW that no matter how I feel, I was healed by his stripes!
    It means I KNOW he holds me in his grip and he will never let go!
    It means I KNOW I have the ministry of reconciliation!
    It means I KNOW I am secure in Christ because of what he accomplished and not my works!
    Zeph 3:17
    17 The Lord your God in your midst,
    The Mighty One, will save;
    He will rejoice over you with gladness,
    He will quiet you with His love,
    He will rejoice over you with singing."
    NKJV
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 01:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Do you know what "believe in your heart" means? It means that you KNOW with all your being that Jesus is Lord and that you are saved from God's wrath!
    It means that I KNOW that I am sanctified, redeemed, righteous because Jesus Christ died in my place!
    It means I KNOW that he rejoices over me with ...[text shortened]... h gladness,
    NKJV
    [/b]
    Yes, these people stating they "hope" they are saved are missing the point.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 01:31
    I have never ever mentioned anything about what I do personally in any public forum. I follow a very strict privacy policy. I dont ask and I dont tell. Whatever I do is a private matter between me and God. You are not party to that, sorry. So your comment about me boasting is nonsense.

In fact the greatest boast is what you people do .. 'Im saved eternal ...[text shortened]... tively. Thats not love. That is part of the shallow worldliness in which the world is caught up.
    These arguments are weak, very weak.

You're assuming. And that is dangerous.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 01:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    It means I KNOW that he rejoices over me with ...[text shortened]... h gladness,
    NKJV
    [/b]
    Your I, I, I, me, me, me doctrine is not taught by Christ.
    The teachings of Christ pertaining to eternal life is love and selflessness. Its about how you treat others when you find that they are in need.

Yours is one of selfishness and greed and getting. Get, take, me, mine .. that is anti-Christ.

Give, Love, Help, Assist, selflessness, truthfulness - these are of Christ.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 01:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    To an outsider it looks as though, if your accusation of Dive is the right way to say it, you too, are "taking pieces of the Bible that suit your taste and manipulating it" -- unless you can provide a Biblical basis for believing what you say "to believe in your heart" is. Certainly you don't expect him to believe it on your say so, do you?
    You want me to show that evolution is true in two sentences or less?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 02:12
    Your I, I, I, me, me, me doctrine is not taught by Christ.
    The teachings of Christ pertaining to eternal life is love and selflessness. Its about how you treat others when you find that they are in need.

Yours is one of selfishness and greed and getting. Get, take, me, mine .. that is anti-Christ.

Give, Love, Help, Assist, selflessness, truthfulness - these are of Christ.
    If you do not have the things I stated, then you are none of his. You are still in your sins and are doomed to misery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree