1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 03:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You want me to show that evolution is true in two sentences or less?
    That's easy.

First you say, "There is no God." Then you say, "It couldn't have happened in any other way." The first statement sets up and supports the second statement, and the second statement follows from the first. So there you have it... evolution theory in a nutshell.

However, two sentences is not enough. You need a third statement to complete the argument. You must then clarify that evolution is a fact and not just a theory, and that seals the deal. The first statement supports the second statement, the second statement follows from the first, and the third affirms the first two. And there you have it and so it stands, the argument is flawless. Unless you look at the evidence... but we really don't need to go there, do we?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 06:14
    You want me to show that evolution is true in two sentences or less?
    No.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:231 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    RHP/Spirituality Forum Reference Section

1. Christianity

1.1. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

1.2. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name [person] of the only begotten [uniquely born] Son of God." (John 3:16-18)

1.3. "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. " (Acts 16:31a)

1.4. "I am the way, and the truth and the life; no man comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6b)

1.5. "As it is written, 'There is none righteous, not even one'". (Romans 3:10)

1.6. "Therefore, just as through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and death spread to all men because all have sinned." (Romans 5:12)

1.7. "For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment." (Isaiah 64:6a)

1.8. "Truly, truly, I say unto you every one who commits sin is the slave of sin." (John 8:34)

1.9. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

1.10. "He [God] made Him [Christ] who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

1.11. "And being in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." (Philippians 2:8)

1.12. "For there is one God and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all." (1 Timothy 2:5-6a)

1.13. ""But as many as received Him, to them He gave power to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.(John 1:12)

1.14. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

1.15. "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." (John 3:36)

1.16. "He who hears My word and believes Him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment but has passed out of death into life." (John 5:24)

1.17. "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and everyone who believes in Me shall never die." (John 11:25-26a)

1.18. "And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:15)

1.19. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death." (Romans 8:1-2)
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:251 edit
    1.20. "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:26) When you believe in Christ, you enter into a new, personal relationship with God; a relationship beginning in time and a member of His family forever.

1.21. "And I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:28) Though all believers will fail, some more than others, God never abandons any of his children. Their position in Him is secure. The fact of His timely warning and intensive discipline attests to His love for His children. It's a permanent union.

1.22. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities nor things present, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the unfailing love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39) Relationship with God is permanent. Once you've believed in Christ, you cannot lose your salvation. Your ultimate security is God's unconditional promise of eternal life. God's perfection is your guarantee.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:461 edit
    1.23. James observes that an individual's life on earth is but a "fleeting vapor trail", a fine thread of a few years or decades in length at best to think about and make advance preparation for life after physical death. A believer in Christ can look forward to "... an inheritance which is undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you." (1 Peter 1:4)

1.24. Though the Bible reveals few details about heaven, it does assure us that it is glorious beyond our imaginations and any temporal happiness we've known: "And He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying or pain." (Revelation 21: 4a)

1.25. Most significant and astounding of all, we will see and be in the presence of Christ Himself who is "... the radiance of His [God the Father's] Glory and the exact representation of His nature." Hebrews 1:3a (to be continued)
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:53
    Your I, I, I, me, me, me doctrine is not taught by Christ.
    The teachings of Christ pertaining to eternal life is love and selflessness. Its about how you treat others when you find that they are in need.

Yours is one of selfishness and greed and getting. Get, take, me, mine .. that is anti-Christ.

Give, Love, Help, Assist, selflessness, truthfulness - these are of Christ.
    Watch out, here comes Sister Rajk with his (her?) ruler again.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 17:133 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    1.23. James observes that an individual's life on earth is but a "fleeting vapor trail", a fine thread of a few years or decades in length at best to think about and make advance preparation for life after physical death. A believer in Christ can look forward to "... an inheritance which is undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you." ...[text shortened]... the Father's] Glory and the exact representation of His nature." Hebrews 1:3a (to be continued)
    1.26. An alternative address awaits all who reject Christ’s agonizing substitutionary spiritual death on their behalf: the Lake of Fire, sharing the final destination of the devil and his angels. It's an endless nightmare of suffering and pain; a place of eternal torment and hopelessness: "And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Revelation 20:10b) "And if anyone's name was not found written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire." (Revelation 20:15)

1.27. Christ took our place and accepted the punishment of separation from God the Father during those final three hours of the crucifixion. His finished work atoned for the sins of all mankind; and in doing so propitiated (satisfied) the Righteousness and Justice of God. All who reject God's Grace Gift are without hope and without eternal life. “God demonstrates His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died as a substitute for us.” (Revelation 20:10b)

1.28. God respects our volition. He has given us the freedom to make our own uncoerced individual choice with respect to the person and finished work of Jesus Christ. By a simple act of faith we can have eternal life: “He gave His only begotten [uniquely born] Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3: 16b)

1.29. It’s a private decision. No one else can make it for us nor has the right to force us to make any decision in this matter. In the privacy of your own soul, you too can simply tell God the Father you are believing in Jesus Christ. In that moment, your eternal future will be assured. You will have eternal life; you will share an eternal relationship with God and live with Him forever in heaven. Faith alone in Christ alone is salvation! Choice is yours.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 13:27
    Originally posted by JS357
    No.
    I will start another thread on this topic. Give me a day or two.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '13 21:41

2. The Word of God

2.1. "The Word of God is alive and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit, and of the joints and the marrow, and is a critic of thoughts and intents of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

2.2. "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; that the man of God might be mature, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

2.3. "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 19:082 edits
    2.4 "But a natural man [unbeliever] does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them [the Gospel and Bible doctrine], because they are spiritually discerned [appraised]."
    (1 Corinthians 2:14)

2.5 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek [Gentile]." (Romans 2:16)

2.6 "For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are saved it is the power of God."
    (! Corinthians 1:18)
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '13 04:27

3. Death

3.1 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Hebrews 9:27 (King James Version)
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 02:06
    3.2 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 03:35

4. The Fruit of The Spirit
    Galatians 5:22-23 New American Standard Bible: "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

Ephesians 4:10-15 New American Standard Bible: "10 He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.) 11 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. 14 As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ."

Colossians 2:6-8 New American Standard Bible: "6 Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, 7 having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. 8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ."

5. Jesus, the Example: Hebrews 12:1-5 New American Standard Bible: "12 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 12:41
    It must be a very hard pill to swallow GB. I know what you going through. To now be in the sunset of your life and only just realizing that you have believed the wrong doctrine. That all these fallible men who you place up on a pedestal. These men who convinced you that all you have to do accept Christ with your mouth and you will be saved eternally. That yo ...[text shortened]... usly as Christ did.

Constantly repeating your false doctrine does not make it any less false.
    Are you saying he is not saved? If so how long does he have to hold to your alternative doctrine in order to be saved?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jan '14 12:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you saying he is not saved? If so how long does he have to hold to your alternative doctrine in order to be saved?
    Christ only knows who will be saved and who will not be saved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree