1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 16:45
    Jesus said this:

Matthew 4:10
    Amplified Bible (AMP)
    10 Then Jesus said to him, Begone, Satan! For it has been written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve.

In the never ending discussions on the trinity, how does one understand this scripture?

Did Jesus say to worship him?
    Did Jesus say to worship the holy spirit?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 17:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Jesus said this:

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    10 Then Jesus said to him, Begone, Satan! For it has been written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him alone shall you serve.

In the never ending discussions on the trinity, how does one understand this scripture?

This is like the multitudes of other scripture you attempt to twist for your own ends.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit together constitute God. The Lord your God. As one God, He can be (and is ) referred to as God, the Father, the Lord, or simply as He, or Him. This is STILL the triune God.

Dissecting the verse in the way you have not only shows a complete misunderstanding, but disrespect, of God. Attempting to twist this verse into some kind of "proof" supposedly "proving" your weird assertion does not play, in fact, it is laughable.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 18:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is like the multitudes of other scripture you attempt to twist for your own ends.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit together constitute God. The Lord your God. As one God, He can be (and is ) referred to as God, the Father, the Lord, or simply as He, or Him. This is STILL the triune God.

Dissecting the verse in the way you have not only ...[text shortened]... nd of "proof" supposedly "proving" your weird assertion does not play, in fact, it is laughable.
    Can't answer the questions?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 18:59
    Jesus said this:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

According to you in this forum, Jesus is "mighty god" as referred to in Isaiah 9. Isn't "mighty god" worthy of worship?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    According to you in this forum, Jesus is "mighty god" as referred to in Isaiah 9. Isn't "mighty god" worthy of worship?
    Is this parable relevant?

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. (Matthew 21:33-40 KJV)
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is this parable relevant?

Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fr ...[text shortened]... hey caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. (Matthew 21:33-40 KJV)
    If Jesus is God's son I would say they are both equal. Just like me if I was a Godfather and I had my sons, I would also debate in agreement or disagree sometimes with them and let them have their way sometimes but maybe not all the time. I would say they would be equal to me and not have to kneel and kiss my hand.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If Jesus is God's son I would say they are both equal. Just like me if I was a Godfather and I had my sons, I would also debate in agreement or disagree sometimes with them and let them have their way sometimes but maybe not all the time. I would say they would be equal to me and not have to kneel and kiss my hand.
    There is no "both".

God is one. Jesus is either god or not.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:46
    Jesus said this:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

If Jesus is Lord that makes him equal to God? He said He was Lord of the sabbath.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:492 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Jesus said his Father is "greater" then he is. How does that make them equal?

Also going back to the scripture at the top who did Jesus say to worship?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 19:51
    Are there any scriptures that say to worship the holy spirit?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 20:11
    Are there any scriptures that say to worship the holy spirit?
    Absolutely not.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 20:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Absolutely not.
    But there should be at least one somewhere it would seem according to the trinity as they say they all three are equal as the holy spirit is also one of the three godheads they say. Right?

Seems something is wrong with their idea of the basic thought of the trinity if there are no scriptures that say to worship the holy spirit.

In fact every scripture in the bible related to this all seem to say worship God the Father only as Jesus himself said.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:251 edit
    Jesus said this:

Amplified Bible (AMP)

The Lord your God should be Jesus Christ. You are unworthy to worship the Father directly. You must worship through Jesus Christ, the head of the church body. All knees are to bow to the Son for the glory of the Father. We must honor the Son as we would honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Lord your God should be Jesus Christ. You are unworthy to worship the Father directly. You must worship through Jesus Christ, the head of the church body. All knees are to bow to the Son for the glory of the Father. We must honor the Son as we would honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father.
    My God is Jehovah only. Nothing in the Bible say he isn't and that Jesus is.

"You must worship through Jesus Christ, the head of the church body."

Lol. First you say to worship Jesus then you say this. Which is it Ron as you can't go back and forth here.

"All knees are to bow to the Son for the glory of the Father."

Lol. So yes we bow to the son is respect and the positon his Father gives him. And the glory goes to who you that say here? The Father not the son.

So as usual you quote scriptures that never help your cause.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 03:29
    My God is Jehovah only. Nothing in the Bible say he isn't and that Jesus is.

"You must worship through Jesus Christ, the head of the church body."

Lol. First you say to worship Jesus then you say this. Which is it Ron as you can't go back and forth here.

"All knees are to bow to the Son for the glory of the Father."

Lol. So yes we bow to ...[text shortened]... y here? The Father not the son.

So as usual you quote scriptures that never help your cause.
    In order to worship the Father, you must have a focal point for that worship, which should be Jesus Christ, the Son of God. How else can you worship the Father? When you worship the Father do you just worship the air or what? How do you worship the Father? I don't think you know. You are just repeating the propaganda that you have been indoctrinated with by the watchtower Society. You are really worshipping the Watchtower Society aren't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree