1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 02:39
    God created humans. We are sinners, we did not create sin, God created that as part of our makeup. If a human realizes that God hates sin, then why doesn't the human just merely stop sinning? We can't. Sin is part of our design......by God Himself. Why?

We are told by the New Testament that our only way to avoid Hell, because of our sin (which God gave us), is to love His son, Jesus Christ. This is forced love. God is asking us, and telling us to love His son Jesus (who is God?), to avoid Hell.

We did NOT ask for this dilemma when we were born. Why must we go about our lives condemning ourselves for being sinners, when God Himself created us this way? There is something very, very wrong with this narrative. I have stated that God is the creator of sin. If God did not create sin......then who did?

It is also my belief that the Jews 2,000 years ago, realized that God was not really a 'good sell' anymore. His 'image' needed an overhaul, and they created Jesus Christ as a 'new god'. A god that they could 'push' to others. I have asked on this forum, where in the Old Testament does it claim that God Himself would become a human. It doesn't. The Jesus issue is problematic for many people, because Jesus removes the need for God.

I have been to churches where they give little red bibles to newcomers to their church......this bible only contains the New Testament. They have completely removed the 'old, angry, jealous, smiteful God of the Old Testament, because He is not the 'new Jesus God'.

There are numerous holes in the Christian belief system. And, if I want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered. The narrative is questionable at best.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 03:29
    Originally posted by chaney3
    God created humans. We are sinners, we did not create sin, God created that as part of our makeup. If a human realizes that God hates sin, then why doesn't the human just merely stop sinning? We can't. Sin is part of our design......by God Himself. Why?

We are told by the New Testament that our only way to avoid Hell, because of our sin (which God ga ...[text shortened]... want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered. The narrative is questionable at best.
    " if I want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered."

If you are to be a Christian you will have to get over that, and have faith that there are suitable answers.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 03:31
    Originally posted by JS357
    " if I want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered."

If you are to be a Christian you will have to get over that, and have faith that there are suitable answers.
    That is NOT a reasonable answer.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 03:52
    Have you ever spent any time contemplating what "faith" is?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 03:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hey FMF.....so good to hear from you. Do me a favor, explain to me what your current faith is. You said that you were a Christian, but....not anymore. What is your current belief? After you explain, I will talk.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:12
    Hey FMF.....so good to hear from you. Do me a favor, explain to me what your current faith is. You said that you were a Christian, but....not anymore. What is your current belief? After you explain, I will talk.
    I am a non-Christian/former Christian. Indeed, I am not a religionist of any kind. I don't see myself as an atheist. I have no reason to believe there is an afterlife as there is no evidence of it. I have no "beliefs" rooted in superstition or the supernatural that I proselytize. I am not aware of any revelation that God has made or of there being any 'instructions' for mankind. However, I refrain from advising people to give up their religious beliefs if such beliefs help them to come to terms with death or otherwise make them happy, purposeful or able to cope.

My point in my previous post was that I think you did not catch the drift of JS357's comment.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:12
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am a non-Christian/former Christian. Indeed, I am not a religionist of any kind. I don't see myself as an atheist. I have no reason to believe there is an afterlife as there is no evidence of it. I have no "beliefs" rooted in superstition or the supernatural that I proselytize. I am not aware of any revelation that God has made or of there being any 'instructi ...[text shortened]...

My point in my previous post was that I think you did not catch the drift of JS357's comment.
    Not sure what you mean?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:141 edit

We are told by the New Testament that our only way to avoid Hell, because of our sin (which God ga ...[text shortened]... want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered. The narrative is questionable at best.
    God did not create sin, nor did he make us sinners. Do you understand the definition of sin?
    Sin is "missing the mark", disobeying God.
    Sin was introduced by Satan's deception with Adam. Adam had a choice. The first Adam sinned, the second Adam (Jesus Christ) also had a choice, but he chose not to sin.
    Since Adam, every man/woman is born with a sin nature.
    God found a way to redeem man from that sin nature through Jesus Christ.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:16
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    God did not create sin, nor did he make us sinners. Do you understand the definition of sin?
    Sin was introduced by Satan's deception with Adam. Adam had a choice. The first Adam sinned, the second Adam (Jesus Christ) also had a choice, but he chose not to sin.
    Wrong!!!! Satan did not create sin, he merely used it against Adam and Eve. God created sin.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:193 edits

The way I see it is that "SIN" is disobeying God. Yes, one could say God created sin by making rules that must be obeyed. However, that would be like saying man created crime by making laws. If man had not made laws there would be no crime. So to do away with crime, we should just do away with all laws and let everyone do as they please.

Man will not stop sinning as long as he remains selfish and seeks his own lustful pleasures over the will of God. When one gets used to satisfying one's lustful pleasures, it becomes like an addiction and is difficult to stop.

God designed us good, but with free will, so that we would have the ability to love. One can't be forced to really love for that comes from the will and emotions. But with free will we also have the choice to obey or disobey God and disobeying God is called SIN.
    Again one can not be forced to love anyone, because love comes only by our free will.

Most Churches wish new people coming into the Church to know the GOOD NEWS of the gospel of Christ first before they learn of the bad news from the Old Testament. The New Testament also allows one to better understand the Old Testament.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 04:20
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Do you believe that Satan created sin? Wrong. Only God can create. God created sin.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 05:084 edits

It is very late. My replies will be very short,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The EATING of a forbidden fruit brought sin and death into man's nature. Man was warned about not taking into himself something.

We are told by the New Testament that our only way to avoid Hell, because of our sin (which God gave us), ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since your initial premise is faulty I don't think I will go on to the other points, at least not at this late hour.

Romans 5 says through Adam many were constituted (Rom. 5:19) sinners. The foreign element entered into man and constituted humanity with a Satanic corrupt "element" transmuting the body and attaching the evil nature of sin to man something like a leech.

By eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil man became Satanified - mingled with Satan, constituted with a sin nature.

That is why fullest salvation is not completed until the transfiguration of the body, which Paul calls "the body of our humiliation" (Phil. 3:21) .

I think your other points are built on an erroneous foundation. And I don't have the heart to consider them beyond here, tonight.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 05:392 edits
    There are a number of translations of Hebrews 11:1:

http://biblehub.com/hebrews/11-1.htm

ESV

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

'Not seen' means, to me, not proven. Faith is not reasoned out from evidence.

BTW, I have not been bestowed with faith in Christianity or any theistic faith. If I ever am, I suspect it won't be by reasoning it out. But I don't resist the possibility. Everybody can use a little hope.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 08:20

What you think God's view on black people sinning is?

chaney3: Thread 164642

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree