1. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 09:23
    Originally posted by chaney3
    And, if I want to be a Christian, I want these questions answered.
    Why would you want to be a Christian?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 09:24
    The narrative is questionable at best.
    Yet you seem pretty sure about certain other things to do with God. What narrative are you using for your own claims?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 10:51
    God created humans. We are sinners, we did not create sin, God created that as part of our makeup. If a human realizes that God hates sin, then why doesn't the human just merely stop sinning? We can't. ...
    ..He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. (1 John 3:8 KJV)
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 23:46
    Wrong!!!! Satan did not create sin, he merely used it against Adam and Eve. God created sin.
    And here is the stumbling block you keep stumbling over.

Read Checkbaiter's post again, and again. And again, if necessary.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 23:47
    Do you believe that Satan created sin? Wrong. Only God can create. God created sin.
    You keep missing the point here. And you can't get past this if you don't get the point.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 07:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You keep missing the point here. And you can't get past this if you don't get the point.
    I answered the questions by chaney3 except for the ridiculous claim that the Jews needed to overhaul their old God, so they created Jesus as a new God. Why don't you respond to that for me and show that it is ridiculous. I am sure you can do it.

YouTube
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 08:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I answered the questions by chaney3 except for the ridiculous claim that the Jews needed to overhaul their old God, so they created Jesus as a new God. Why don't you respond to that for me and show that it is ridiculous. I am sure you can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk
    chaney3 will probably not return and if he does he will have more to answer for than your points.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 16:542 edits
    We are told by the New Testament that our only way to avoid Hell, because of our sin (which God gave us), is to love His son, Jesus Christ. This is forced love. God is asking us, and telling us to love His son Jesus (who is God?), to avoid Hell.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you go through, let us say, the Gospel of John, chapter by chapter, you will traverse 21 chapters. There is no mention of hell in many crucial chapters.

In chapter 4 there is a very thirsty woman who "can't get no satisfaction." Jesus says He came to install the satisfying fountain of living water in her, gushing up into eternal life. No talk about damnation there.

In chapter 5 there is some talk about a final judgment. But most of it is concerned with the equality of the Son with the Father or the power of the Son over the weakness of religion.

In chapter 6 a there is a hungry multitude which Jesus presents Himself to as "the bread of life". He is the food that gives life to the world to those so hungry within for reality. No talk of hell there I can recall.

In chapter 7 there is no talk of hell as I can recall. But again Christ tells a thirsty crowd to come unto Him and drink.

The hunger of man, the thirst of man, the emptiness of man is spoken of quite much in this Gospel. I could go on.

I think you should not come to the Gospels with a concept that nothing else is ever taught except fire insurance. And as for the command to love Christ, I don't see that as the initial command of God.

What He commands is for man to BELIEVE in the Son of God. Many of us didn't love Jesus that much on the moment we decided to believe in Jesus.

Surely, love should come and should grow. But the command of God is that we BELIEVE in the Son of God first. Here is the summation of John's Gospel:

"Moreover indeed many other signs also Jesus did before His disciples, which are not written in this book.

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name." (John 20:30,31)

Now, granted, because Jesus is alive, real, and available, once you get to know Him, if things are normal, you will grow in LOVE for Him. He is lovable and His beauty is subduing.

(I said "normal" not average).

I recommend this song -

"Jesus Lord I'm Captured By Your Beauty"

YouTube
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 16:58
    Another great love song about loving Jesus Christ for just who He is:

Just One Touch by Howard Hagashi

YouTube
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 23:29
    Originally posted by sonship
    Another great love song about loving Jesus Christ for just who He is:

[b]Just One Touch
    by Howard Hagashi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQHwoJ9sDQ[/b]
    When I was a small kid in church before entering grade school, I used to like "Jesus Loves Me" and "Jesus Loves the Little Children".
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 23:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    chaney3 will probably not return and if he does he will have more to answer for than your points.
    You are no better Dive. I am here. You claim to be a Christian, but evidence shows that you are not. You do not believe in Bible scripture, so maybe you are an agnostic or an atheist. You are no better than me, or anybody else that asks questions. And your Poseidon picture is still gay.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 00:46
    You are no better Dive. I am here. You claim to be a Christian, but evidence shows that you are not. You do not believe in Bible scripture, so maybe you are an agnostic or an atheist. You are no better than me, or anybody else that asks questions. And your Poseidon picture is still gay.
    or anybody else that asks questions

Nothing wrong with asking questions.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 00:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    or anybody else that asks questions

Nothing wrong with asking questions.
    True. The problem is that we will never, never get any answers to these questions while we are still alive. If a person has genuine questions with the Bible, there is not one, single person on the planet who has the 'truth'. Even YOU, if you clam to be a Christian, it is merely your frail opinion. I am sure that if you were questioned by a Bible scholar, who had some doubt, your answers would crumble.

Nobody knows the truth......NOBODY.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 01:00
    I just googled 'God knows our needs' because I was looking for a specific verse, but found too many to quote here. In the Old and New Testament, it states that God knows our needs.......yet, thousands of children die each year from starvation and thirst. Where is their God who know their needs? The simple fact is that our Bible might be a load of crap. Written merely by men. Period.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '15 01:33
    I just googled 'God knows our needs' because I was looking for a specific verse, but found too many to quote here. In the Old and New Testament, it states that God knows our needs.......yet, thousands of children die each year from starvation and thirst. Where is their God who know their needs? The simple fact is that our Bible might be a load of crap. Written merely by men. Period.
    I understand your frustration, I was there in an earlier time in my life.
    You should check out this site... http://www.awmi.net/extra/healing
    They are healing testimonies. I plan on visiting some time soon in the near future, but I have no doubt's about these healings, been healed myself in the past and have seen a couple people healed.
    Most of your questions and doubts would quickly disappear if you went there in person. But having said that, maybe not. Some people won't believe even "seeing".
    I am not criticizing you, it is just the way it is.
    The bible is indeed a book written by men. But they were holy men of God moved by holy spirit.
    This means that yes, they wrote, in their own vocabulary, but God told them what to write.

Gal 1:11-12
    But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ
    NKJV

2 Peter 1:20-2:1
    knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

NKJV

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
    NKJV

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree