1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 12:21
    I am well Aware there was a thread in summer, but now would be the time for a new round.

In fact I am tempted to offer a prize for the Person predicting most efficiently. The prize will be a RHP Coffee mug delivered to the winner.

Rules:
    At least two predictions.
    The Person with the highest percentage of hits with non-trivial PRE-dictions wins.
    The actual number of succesful predictions will be deciding at same percentage.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 12:22
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I am well Aware there was a thread in summer, but now would be the time for a new round.

In fact I am tempted to offer a prize for the Person predicting most efficiently. The prize will be a RHP Coffee mug delivered to the winner.

Rules:
    The Person with the highest percentage of hits with non-trivial PRE-dictions wins.
    Chelsea will get promoted back into the Premiership.

Leicester will win the Premiership for a second time.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 12:342 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Chelsea will get promoted back into the Premiership.

Leicester will win the Premiership for a second time.
    Someone will die.

Someone else will be saved after a disaster.

We will launch huge rocketships into space. I see that clearlyπŸ™‚

After decades of searching, Bigfoot will yet again not be found.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 12:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Someone will die.

Someone else will be saved after a disaster.

We will launch huge rocketships into space. I see that clearlyπŸ™‚

After decades of searching, Bigfoot will yet again not be found.
    The first two of those are evidently trivial.

For the third you should define "huge" as well as "rocketship". The Progress capsule could be seen as huge (ca. 7t as compared to a Standard human with about 0.07t) and as a rocketship (A ship riding on a rocket). But the laucnch of a Progress would hardly count as non-trvial prediction, since some are planned already).

The last is again a trivial prediction.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 14:28
    Hilary Clinton will be elected president.

Former President Jimmy Carter will die.
  6. Standard memberJerryH
    Hyperbole Happy
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:18
    Seti will announce detection of a hydrogen line signal of non-terrestrial origin and continuous broadcast. An alien radio industry will spring up to tune the space music and Alien Modems Handshaking will top the pop charts.

The Frog DNA Potato Flu will reach epidemic level. Initial symptoms of victim's mild skin changes will later fill the spectrum of permanent skin and flesh color alteration. With no cure in sight PfPWAG or People For Potatoes Were Always Green spokesman John Smith advises, "Potatoes were always green."
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:212 edits

Rules:
    1) Despite the drama "memo" thread and possibly dropping his sub, Grampy Bobby won't leave RHP and will continue to spam the forums and be his usual attention-seeking opinion-dividing pompousness.

2) Landiqueen170 will be discovered to be a cross-dressing gender-switch male hairdresser from Luton.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    1) Despite the drama "memo" thread and possibly dropping his sub, Grampy Bobby won't leave RHP and will continue to spam the forums and be a his usual attention-seeking opinion-dividing pompousness.

2) Landiqueen170 will be discovered to be a cross-dressing gender-switch male hairdresser from Luton.
    GBS will become a subscriber.

Damn, I knew I should have waited.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:30
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    GBS will become a subscriber.

Damn, I knew I should have waited.
    No Problem there...an Action your own power will be counted as a trivial prediction if not sensational off the expected behaviour πŸ˜‰
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:44
    No Problem there...an Action your own power will be counted as a trivial prediction if not sensational off the expected behaviour πŸ˜‰
    Are you saying I am predictable?πŸ™„πŸ˜›πŸ˜€
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 15:52
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Are you saying I am predictable?πŸ™„πŸ˜›πŸ˜€
    No.

I say that I have an expectation about you.

In this case you have been a subscriber for some time, and you have been here without subscription, so neither of the Options is out of the "expectation space" for you.

But if you would predict that you would be a vegan antialcoholic at the end of 2016. It was still in your power but would deviate quite a bit from what I expect from you. πŸ™‚

And for the record: No offence meant.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:43
    No.

I say that I have an expectation about you.

In this case you have been a subscriber for some time, and you have been here without subscription, so neither of the Options is out of the "expectation space" for you.

But if you would predict that you would be a vegan antialcoholic at the end of 2016. It was still in your power but would deviate quite a bit from what I expect from you. πŸ™‚

And for the record: No offence meant.
    For the record...none taken.πŸ˜‰
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:52
    Ah, you mean something along the lines of Seitse predicting that he will become, er, uhh, you know, not like he usually is around here. Sort of Coquettish, let's say.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:551 edit
    1) some evangelical yahoo will claim in 2016 that Jesus is coming back in 2016.

2) but he won't.

3) but they'll do the same in 2017.

4) and this will continue as a loop for many iterations.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    1) some evangelical yahoo will claim in 2016 that Jesus is coming back in 2016.

2) but he won't.

3) but they'll do the same in 2017.

4) and this will continue as a loop for many iterations.
    Where'd he go? Was he traded to the Yankees?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree