1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 02:37
    I've sent this message to the website admin:

Dear Russ & team,

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-burden-we-carry.175598/page-20

I have been a supporter of this website for well over 10 years. There is a poster on the thread linked to above who is suggesting that this website knew about the activities of a sexual predator on this website and that you did nothing about it. If it's true, the website should clarify/apologize/assert the current policy; or, if it's not true, I don't think accusations/insinuations about such a serious matter should be allowed to remain unchallenged.

Page 20: "Do you remember a user here in the early days of RHP called Bowmann? He was a sexual predator of many women here and was actively blackmailing some of them. He was never kicked off the site, despite many women complaining about him to management. He eventually left of his own accord, but only because a few convinced him he was being targeted and was about to be exposed. But he was never, ever kicked off the site because no one believed the women. So much for reporting anything to management."

Page 21: "His predatory actions were in PMs, not public forums. He was careful. But I refuse to believe that management knew nothing about it."

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:133 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I've sent this message to the website admin:

Dear Russ & team,

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-burden-we-carry.175598/page-20

I have been a supporter of this website for well over 10 years. There is a poster on the thread linked to above who is suggesting that this website knew about the activities of a sexual predator on this website ...[text shortened]... to believe that management knew nothing about it."

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
    It is unfortunate that you have created a new thread. A response has been posted to the original thread, so I will need to duplicate here.

From the TOS:

You agree to not use the Service to:

-Post, email or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

-"Stalk" or otherwise harass another; or

The problem we frequently have is that people often offer up personal information to other players, then proceed to fall out with them at a later date.

From Thread 175598 :

For the record, this is news to me.

And having searched EVERY feedback since 2001, there is not a single complaint in site feedback about this character. (The normal method for reporting issues with confidentiality that I'm sure this required.)

One single feedback makes a reference to a private forum conversation with no context or details.

Last Bowmann move on the site : 14 Feb '07
    Last Bowmann forum post (any forum) 5 April 2007

(Bowmann has left the site)

Feedback that references possible issues with Bowmann, but no details, and certainly no accusation of what has been suggested : 12 May '07.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 11:37
    Thanks Russ.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '18 17:43
    This should be used as information on WHY you don't give out personal information to strangers.

-VR
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 01:08
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    This should be used as information on WHY you don't give out personal information to strangers.

-VR
    A public service announcement from your friends at RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree