Go back
I Know How Hans Neimann Cheated (he used Fritz)

I Know How Hans Neimann Cheated (he used Fritz)

Only Chess

greenpawn34

e4

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22

The title says it all. then 3 RHP games, a funny chess book cover and a car.

Blog Post 530

ccpatzer

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22

Nope.

ccpatzer

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22

Team Hans! Right here.

Ponderable
chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22
Vote Up
Vote Down

The error on "The Chess Bible" is hillarious (though I might have not spotted it if hadn't been advised to look for it.

F

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22

The first note to Talbro - Lassen Talbro RHP 2022 reminded me of an almost identical tactical situation that could have arisen in Fischer--Trifunovic (Bled, 1961). The diagram shows the position after 16...Rf8-f6:

In My 60 Memorable Games, Fischer notes that 17.Bg5 Rg6 18.h4 h6 19.Qh5 would lose material to 19...Qe8, because 20.Bxe7 would be answered by 20...Rxg2+ and 21...Qxh5.

However, in the RHP game, ...Qxh5 would be followed by Bxf8, leading to rough material equality in the form of Q+P for two rooks.

greenpawn34

e4

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22
Vote Up
Vote Down

That is an excellent spot David.

Glad you had at a go at accessing it, I saw that line but I jumped ship with 'messy.'

G

Moves
Clock
13 Sep 22
1 edit

I got the skinny on why Carlsen dropped out of the tournament. Naka thought it would be funny to put some LSD in Carlsen's morning coffee. Magnus was tripping balls during the third round, couldn't understand the waves rolling on the board, was distracted and lost. He withdrew out of shame. He's hoping the flashbacks stop in a few months. If Magnus said anything Naka would be jailed along with Carlsen.
A leprechaun told me of this while I was on peyote.

ccpatzer

Moves
Clock
14 Sep 22

@Gambrel

Have you really tried it?

G

Moves
Clock
16 Sep 22
Vote Up
Vote Down

@ccpatzer said
@Gambrel

Have you really tried it?
Tried it?
Peyote, yes, I associated with Native Americans that introduced me to it.
Acid, yes
Chess on acid, won my first city championship tripping balls. Lucky for me he fell victim to an opening trap I had been studying for quite a while.

moonbus
Über-Nerd

Moves
Clock
25 Sep 22
Vote Up
Vote Down

@gambrel said
Tried it?
Peyote, yes, I associated with Native Americans that introduced me to it.
Acid, yes
Chess on acid, won my first city championship tripping balls. Lucky for me he fell victim to an opening trap I had been studying for quite a while.
I too once tried playing on acid; I kept seeing diagonals which weren’t there. I knew they could not be there, but I was seeing them anyway; a very perplexing hallucination. I cannot now describe what I then thought I saw, but it disrupted my thoughts so significantly that I abandoned the game.

Daodejing

Moves
Clock
27 Sep 22

&t=684s

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.