1. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 06:27
    Could there be something on the My Games page to say how long you have to move in each game? That way we can see without having to open each game. I know there is the info option but having the 'time remaining' next to each game would be very helpful, IMHO.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 06:401 edit
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Could there be something on the My Games page to say how long you have to move in each game? That way we can see without having to open each game. I know there is the info option but having the 'time remaining' next to each game would be very helpful, IMHO.
    Thread 40518

Firefox + Greasemonkey + the script in that thread + some basic math = the solution

Seriously if you have a 7 day timeout game then it starts to run timebank at the same time of day it was moved in 7 days later.
    If it's already running timebank then DON'T START WONDERING HOW LONG YOU HAVE LEFT TO MOVE JUST MOVE!

Edit: Imagine a page of 100 games and of each of them the site has to call the database to see how long is left for every reload of the page.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 07:36
    After reviewing the way that said script works and the source of the my games page I think it might be possible to adapt the script to print the timeout remaining. As for time at which it starts running it looks like that could be done via adding days to the last moved date.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 08:46
    Right, I've adapted ouroboros' My Games script so instead of showing timebank total it shows timebank remaining. That was simple enough.

Now it should be possible to show when timebanks starts running by Last Moved Date + timeout. This is currently beyond my ability. If anyone wants to have a run at it feel free I guess (especially you ouroboros).

Until then here is what I've done (Thanks to Starrman for hosting):
    http://www.dogstarr.org.uk/downloads/mygamesextra.user.js

Note: The majority of this code is not mine. Thanks ouroboros for the actual work, all I did was add in one tiny bit (and it's done badly).
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 15:40
    Okay, the script has been changed. XanthosNZ's changes have been merged in and I have displayed the time remaining until timebank starts and the number of moves made.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 19:24
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Okay, the script has been changed. XanthosNZ's changes have been merged in and I have displayed the time remaining until timebank starts and the number of moves made.
    Nice work. I knew it wouldn't be long before you put my version out of date. Hope you didn't mind my change.
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 19:48
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Nice work. I knew it wouldn't be long before you put my version out of date. Hope you didn't mind my change.
    No problem. I was trying to think of a way to integrate the time remaining and timebank remaining information anyway.
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 Mar '06 23:08
    No problem. I was trying to think of a way to integrate the time remaining and timebank remaining information anyway.
    You are my new hero.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:00
    Cheers. I found it to be a bit busy, so I modified it just to show Timeout Remaining, as it was the only piece of info I was interested in.

Thanks for that.

D
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:28
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Cheers. I found it to be a bit busy, so I modified it just to show Timeout Remaining, as it was the only piece of info I was interested in.

Thanks for that.

D
    Personally I removed the rated/unrated bit because for the most part I don't play unrated games (except occasional set piece games but that is obvious).
  11. London
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:32
    Personally I removed the rated/unrated bit because for the most part I don't play unrated games (except occasional set piece games but that is obvious).
    Can you make public the script so that I can swipe it?
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 00:53
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Can you make public the script so that I can swipe it?
    All you need to do is remove part of the last expression. From memory (I don't have the script on hand at uni) it's:

+ '/' + attr[10];

Replace this with just a semicolon and reinstall the script (to do the editing you'll have to save the .js to your computer, change to .txt, do the edit and then change back to .js and open with firefox).
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 11:35
    (to do the editing you'll have to save the .js to your computer, change to .txt, do the edit and then change back to .js and open with firefox).
    Right click on the .js file, open with notepad.

D
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 11:57
    Nobody's even posted the url for ouroboros' updated script thingy:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/
  15. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 12:02
    Actually, you should be able to right-click on the little monkey icon and select 'Manage User Scripts', click on 'RHP My Games', and then the 'Edit' button. Since you already have it saved on your computer, no need to save it again. Once you make your changes and save/close your editor, it should automatically run the updated script.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree