1. Donationbriancron
    nunquam perdo
    Washington, DC
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 13:23
    I think it would be a bear to code (but what do I know)

I would love the option to make 1 premove. Let's say you have an obvious reply to a certain move. You would be able to say "if Qxg5 then fxg5" for instance and the move would happen while you were offline.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 13:30
    This has been discussed many times before.

Eg. Thread 50721

Russ said in August that this feature "is coming". But he didn't say when!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 14:35
    Originally posted by briancron

I would love the option to make 1 premove. Let's say you have an obvious reply to a certain move. You would be able to say "if Qxg5 then fxg5" for instance and the move would happen while you were offline.
    Why only *one* pre-move?
    Why not many more in a row?
  4. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:34

Pre-move works better in a live chess setting! Not a site like this but hey if ya'll want it fine by me!
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 16:46
    They use this in postal chess so why not here? It can speed up the progress of games whenever one player's next move is either forced or near certain.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '06 19:30
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Pre-move works better in a live chess setting! Not a site like this but hey if ya'll want it fine by me!
    ?
    😕~

What do you mean "live chess setting"? Isn't it particularly in this environment (correspondence chess) that the feature would be useful?

I think it's a great idea and looking forward to it.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 06:31

Premove (conditional moves) is an excellent feature. Most large email chess sites already have it. It speeds up games and is a good weapon against poor losers who have a hopeless position and are dragging a game on with the sole intention of timing you out. A multi-line conditional move feature is optimal in this respect.
  8. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 22:06
    please explain again...premove option etc?
  9. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '06 22:20
    Originally posted by RONOC
    please explain again...premove option etc?
    As well as submitting your current move you have a 'if my opponent plays ... then play ...' condition added. If your opponent does play the move you anticipated then your next move will be played automatically.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree