1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 09:20
    Not sure how long ago this was added to his profile (User 103385), but he apparently has passed away.

I don't know how many of you had gotten to play and chat with him, but from my experience, he was a very good guy and a good chess player. We had many fun games and good chats. I will miss playing and chatting with him and having him around the forums, greatly.

RIP, Malinga.

Sorry if this had already be brought up, I may have missed it.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 09:24
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Not sure how long ago this was added to his profile (User 103385), but he apparently has passed away.

I don't know how many of you had gotten to play and chat with him, but from my experience, he was a very good guy and a good chess player. We had many fun games and good chats. I will miss playing and chatting with him and having him around th ...[text shortened]... , greatly.

RIP, Malinga.

I'm very sorry to hear that, although I never played him, I enjoyed talking to him here on the forums. He was a good conversationalist and we butted heads over debates a number of times. My best wishes to his family.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 09:39

I don't know how many of you had gotten to play and chat with him, but from my experience, he was a very good guy and a good chess player. We had many fun games and good chats. I will miss playing and chatting with him and having him around th ...[text shortened]... , greatly.

RIP, Malinga.

Plainly spoken words from his wife, Tess, represent an enormous tribute. Your loss is the rapport of a chess friend. Imagine hers...
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 09:42
    Not only a brilliant father and husband, but somebody who when facing death thought enough about the people here to let them know. All my best to his family, and to the others we don't know of who undoubtedly will be distraught over his death.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    29 Dec '07 11:44
    well RIP and i thought i aint seen him for a bit..Also thanks for letting us know in his profile tess and my condolenses to you and the family.
  6. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 06:57
    That is sad to hear. My condolences to his friends and family.
  7. Porthmadog
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 10:44
    Yes very sad, I played with him and chatted quite a lot, it turned out his wife's family lived only a few miles from me and that I knew his nephew quite well. A good guy, will be a big miss to the site.

RIP malinga
  8. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    30 Dec '07 21:52

RIP, Malinga.

This is sorry news, but this is part of the life.
    He was even trying to teach his wife to play chess in the end.
    He passed away a couple months ago. I was playing two games against him when he told that he had about two weeks left!
    But he has reached a much better place!
    He never complaint about anything, he was one of the best players with the greatest attitude towards anyone.

Sincerely,

Harri / Luck

PS: He is deeply missed.
  9. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 22:17
    melanoma = skin cancer? Well RIP anyway dude, i hardly knew you.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 15:49
    Very sorry and sad to hear that, my deepest condolences...

J
  11. Joined
    08 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 15:54
    I feel sorry for his family. Deepest sympathies.
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 17:10

RIP, Malinga.

My condolences to the family....
  13. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 18:50
    Wow, just heard the sad news.
    What a shock. I played Malinga 3 times here and we had some excellent games and great chats too - we talked about chess, potatoes, football, potatoes and chess too. he will be sorely missed.

My thoughts go out to his family at this difficult time.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 19:47
    Since Malinga's passing has saddened so many of us at RHP, would it be appropriate to suggest a memorial tournament, something quick and lively, as a special tribute?
  15. Standard memberrbmorris
    Vampyroteuthis
    Infernalis
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 20:27
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Since Malinga's passing has saddened so many of us at RHP, would it be appropriate to suggest a memorial tournament, something quick and lively, as a special tribute?
    I didn't know him, but that might be a nice tribute.

Sad news. My condolences to the family.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree