1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    16 May '14 14:22
    Originally posted by steve45
    Sorry if im upsetting anyone on this thread, but i just dont get how anyone can put any thought process into a game of chess, when your knocking out 15,000 moves a month. Ive been on RHP for nearly two years, and i still have not reached 15,000. Is there anyone out there in agreement.
    I'm similar to you, and agree these guys are just incredible!

Having hundreds of games must effect their concentration to some extent, certainly.
    But I know from first hand experience that Zorro is a decent player, I've had some good scraps with him (strangely i've never played Marko).
    These guys will just be blitzing, spending no more than 20 seconds per move... they are choosing not to put a lot of thought into their games.

Perhaps if they played <50 games at a time, and spent longer per move, their ratings would possibly increase by up to anywhere around 100-200 points.

... But all that aside, they have a race on!
    My money's on the Fox 😀
  2. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    16 May '14 15:26
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

Having hundreds of games [b]must
    effect their concentration to some extent, certainly.
    But I know from first hand experience that Zorro is a decent player, I've had some good scraps with him (strangely i've never played Marko).
    These guys will just be blitzing, spending no more th ...[text shortened]... around 100-200 points.

My money's on the Fox 😀[/b]
    You can take advantage of that: just play as complex as much you can with them..... I had taken some good ratings-points with them in this way.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    22 May '14 20:161 edit
    Update: Zorro is currently hammering in around 800 moves a day, bringing him within 10,000 of Marko. These guys are amazing.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 May '14 06:11
    Originally posted by atticus2
    A girlfriend who's happy her beau slaps 15,000+ moves/month into his PC 😲

I dunno - a girl may like fast fingers.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    29 May '14 00:20
    Originally posted by Tintin1963
    Update: Zorro is currently hammering in around 800 moves a day, bringing him within 10,000 of Marko. These guys are amazing.
    I wonder what the record is for 24 hours/30 days
  6. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 May '14 01:10
    We could have something like a baby pool for the millionth move. Pick the following:

1. Player to win the race to 1,000,000.
    2. Date of millionth move.
    3. Tie breaker: piece moved on the millionth move, and its color.

Start now.
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    29 May '14 08:44
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

Having hundreds of games [b]must
    effect their concentration to some extent, certainly.
    These guys will just be blitzing, spending no more th ...[text shortened]... around 100-200 points.

My money's on the Fox 😀[/b]
    I have had a similar thought about caissad4. She has some 600 or so games going on at the same time, and if her game load were smaller, I suspect she would be the top player on the site.

As it is, it is possible to sneak up on her, as she is effectively playing a simul with the rest of us!
  8. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    29 May '14 09:24
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I have had a similar thought about caissad4. She has some 600 or so games going on at the same time, and if her game load were smaller, I suspect she would be the top player on the site.

As it is, it is possible to sneak up on her, as she is effectively playing a simul with the rest of us!
    I managed to squeeze 2 draws out of her recently 🙂

I was actually a pawn up in both games at one point...
    both games led to opposite colour bishop endings, which was probably my fault
    (i'm still learning the hard way about those damned endings!)
  9. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    29 May '14 16:381 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    I doubt it. Caissad4 is a good player but I can think of a few who'd duff her up most times in an OTB game. Of course correspondence chess is a slightly different skill set, but even so I don't think Caissad4 is the best non-engine user on the site. Probably top 10 though.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    30 May '14 04:19
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    I doubt it. Caissad4 is a good player but I can think of a few who'd duff her up most times in an OTB game. Of course correspondence chess is a slightly different skill set, but even so I don't think Caissad4 is the best non-engine user on the site. Probably top 10 though.
    I am only a strong expert strength player. I only score 40% against masters OTB. David Tebb is the strongest non-engine user here, IMO.
  11. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    30 May '14 13:10
    They call him Mr.Tebb
  12. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    30 May '14 13:11
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I am only a strong expert strength player. I only score 40% against masters OTB. David Tebb is the strongest non-engine user here, IMO.
    David Tebb is the highest rated of the active British RHP players that I now of. I actually outgraded him for one season, but sanity has been restored and he is now a good ten points higher than me in the ECF grading system.

User 12323 is very close to being in the top 100 English players in the current list, but he hasn't played on here for a long time.
  13. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 May '14 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    David Tebb is the highest rated of the active British RHP players that I now of. I actually outgraded him for one season, but sanity has been restored and he is now a good ten points higher than me in the ECF grading system.

User 12323 is very close to being in the top 100 English players in the current list, but he hasn't played on here for a long time.
    I did not know if that was actually David Tebb on the site, but I know now! You know these people better than me, so I defer!

I've just always been impressed that caissad4 can play at such a strong rate at that game load, and figured her rating here would go up with fewer games.

I'm sure there is a diminishing rate of return as the game load decreases, but it's only a guess what that would be for her.
  14. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 16:13
    Zorro is really moving now. He's closed the gap with Marko to 7,000 (from 20,000 five weeks back). And he's shifting 900 moves/day (up from 800). Game loads are astonishing too: Zorro (c. 900); Marko (c. 450)
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 01:54
    I've played them both recently they are certainly no pushovers I do wonder what rating they could achieve if they only played a few games but if playing a ton of games floats their boat then good on them !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree