1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 19:261 edit
    With all the talk over the past few months about which of the top players is using engines, something related interests me: I'm pretty sure the bottom series of players are absolutely competitive about who claims bottom place as the very worst player on rhp...isn't it just about within the realms of possibility that some of these supposedly awful players are not only deliberately throwing games, but using special egregiously-bad engines configured to work out the very worst possible moves to enable them to throw games?
  2. Behind you...
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 19:43
    Haiti has nuclear arms!!!!
  3. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:18
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    With all the talk over the past few months about which of the top players is using engines, something related interests me: I'm pretty sure the bottom series of players are absolutely competitive about who claims bottom place as the very worst player on rhp...isn't it just about within the realms of possibility that some of these supposedly awful players ar ...[text shortened]... ad engines configured to work out the very worst possible moves to enable them to throw games?
    BUSH needs you in his cabinet. 😵
  4. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    [b]Haiti has nuclear arms!!!![/b]
    Angelina Jolie has pert breasts, but you don't hear me shouting about it.

Right now there are crypto-proficient players down there scheming in the Stygian darkness of the ten thousandth rank, inputting moves into Fritz on its most primitive configuration, and then sniggering "Right, good move, I'm definitely not doing that." I have categorical evidence of this, of course, but like a 1950s movie starlet, I'm just too demure to provide it.
  5. Belfast
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:40
    His rating graph looks like a ski slope.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:40
    With all the talk over the past few months about which of the top players is using engines, something related interests me: I'm pretty sure the bottom series of players are absolutely competitive about who claims bottom place as the very worst player on rhp...isn't it just about within the realms of possibility that some of these supposedly awful players ar ...[text shortened]... ad engines configured to work out the very worst possible moves to enable them to throw games?
    You gotta be joking! You give me a brand new account, and i'll be the lowest player without using an engine. No one would be below me! I would be the king!

Only cheaters use engines. Be a man and use your brain.
  7. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:43
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    His rating graph looks like a ski slope.
    Yours looks like Bruce Campbell's castle in Army of Darkness.
  8. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 21:47
    That is the stupidest conspiracy theory I have ever heard. That said, if I were to be that bad I might consider it as a way to gain noteriety.
  9. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 22:19
    You think that a computer can play worst chess then a human? Hahah, no way, I don't care how far computers have come along, never ever ever will a computer be able to play chess worst then a human playing bad chess. NO WAY!

Computers just aren't that smart.
  10. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '06 22:36
    Here is the weakest chess program in the world, designed intentionally:
    http://www.chessvariants.org/java/chess/

There's a competition going on to see who can lose to it in the least number of moves. You really have to work at letting it beat you.
  11. Joined
    21 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 14:41
    I heard of somebody trying this on yahoo chess. Life is sad if you can think of nothing better to do with your time!
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 14:53
    If you are using an engine to find the worst move possible, you need the strongest possible engine and a clever way of using it. I've had as many as 27 lines displayed running Fritz within ChessBase. I suppose that always picking the 27th best move could lead to horrendous play. Even Bobo (Chessmaster personality--gorilla avatar) doesn't play that badly.
  13. Somewhere out there!
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 15:03
    not to encourge computer use ofcourse 😛
    but I have seen chess programs that would let you input the value of pieces, guess you could give them negative values ^^

don't know if fritz has such an option.
  14. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 18:18
    Originally posted by seraphimvulture
    [b]Haiti has nuclear arms!!!![/b]
    Rec for making me laugh out loud. I got the connection, even if no-one else did.
  15. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    10 Feb '06 20:33
    Originally posted by Testrider
    not to encourge computer use ofcourse 😛
    but I have seen chess programs that would let you input the value of pieces, guess you could give them negative values ^^

don't know if fritz has such an option.
    It does. I'm not sure if you can put negative though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree