Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    03 Nov '11 01:47
    Game ID #'s 8798865 and 8798868. Just a couple moves on each side so it's a bit early to put the games up.
  2. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    03 Nov '11 07:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Game ID #'s 8798865 and 8798868. Just a couple moves on each side so it's a bit early to put the games up.
    When a friend died last month, an army pal at the church, entombed a person sought by the second daughter, hiding new viewers who like bones.

    skeeter
  3. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    03 Nov '11 08:36
    Originally posted by skeeter
    When a friend died last month, an army pal at the church, entombed a person sought by the second daughter, hiding new viewers who like bones.

    skeeter
    Sorry, that should read "whom like bones".

    skeeter
  4. 03 Nov '11 13:14
    Originally posted by skeeter
    When a friend died last month, an army pal at the church, entombed a person sought by the second daughter, hiding new viewers who like bones.

    skeeter
    Now, that's Cryptic!
    Or, That's Entertainment!
  5. 03 Nov '11 15:17
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Sorry, that should read "whom like bones".

    skeeter
    Not grammatically speaking: in this clause the relative pronoun is the subject.
  6. Subscriber thaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    03 Nov '11 18:42
    Originally posted by skeeter
    When a friend died last month, an army pal at the church, entombed a person sought by the second daughter, hiding new viewers who like bones.

    skeeter
    Is this an anagram ? I might need some kind of assistance.
  7. 03 Nov '11 18:58
    Originally posted by thaughbaer
    Is this an anagram ? I might need some kind of assistance.
    My wife explained it to me. "Always listen to your wife."
    It's about skeletons in the closet.
    Skeeter MUST be a woman!
    And I'm not disputing that interpretation with her.
  8. 03 Nov '11 19:10
    And yea verily there cometh a day of reckoning.

    Both players move a lot, so it should be fun to watch.
  9. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    03 Nov '11 20:42
    Originally posted by pootstick
    Not grammatically speaking: in this clause the relative pronoun is the subject.
    Correct, but it doesn't work with "who".

    skeets
  10. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    04 Nov '11 01:19
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Correct, but it doesn't work with "who".

    skeets
    And this has something to do with the games I mentioned how?
  11. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    04 Nov '11 01:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And this has something to do with the games I mentioned how?
    You mean these games : Game 8798865 & Game 8798868 ?

    Absolutely, and as to the "how"? - well, you'll just have to figure that out for yourself.

    skeeter
  12. Standard member usmc7257
    semper fi
    05 Nov '11 00:39
    oooooo anagrams! Just for clarification, is "skeeter" a part of the anagram itself, or is it just your typical signature?
  13. Standard member skeeter
    515 + 30 days
    05 Nov '11 01:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    oooooo anagrams! Just for clarification, is "skeeter" a part of the anagram itself, or is it just your typical signature?
    It's not an anagram ( too many letters ) but it is cryptic and the signature is not part of it. Enjoy.

    skeets

    PS edit : ....if you or anyone else does actually solve it it would be unwise to post the solution here as our "rabid caribbean" would go absolutely spare - no matter the truth of it.

    skeets
  14. 05 Nov '11 02:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    When a friend died last month, an army pal at the church, entombed a person sought by the second daughter, hiding new viewers who like bones.

    skeeter
    Aha! Delicious! How could you be so sure so early? Perhaps you have had more to view then I, but in kind I would respond to the pal; A posse ad esse non valet consequentia.
    Only time; ipso facto onus probandi

    Q
  15. 05 Nov '11 17:07
    Originally posted by skeeter
    PS edit : ....if you or anyone else does actually solve it it would be unwise to post the solution here as our "rabid caribbean" would go absolutely spare - no matter the truth of it.
    *Yawn*

    Speak your mind, coward.

    Richard