1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 19:09
    Originally posted by zebano
    or you can play the role of spoiler. Personally, I'm hoping that I reach round two again (then I get to play spoiler).
    I might enter, but only so i can smell the glove of the guy who might get beaten in the final round 😵
  2. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:301 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I might enter, but only so i can smell the glove of the guy who might get beaten in the final round 😵
    ok. I have 9 games, the most I've had, because I joined a tournament. When is the last moment for that to sign up (APprox) How long do tournamnets like that last? Also, with a 60 day timbank, no timeout, how fast must you move? Or is that for each game? I'm sorry, but I a new subscriber. Thanks you all! I am really resisting loading up on games.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:352 edits
    Originally posted by Ramned
    ok. I have 9 games, the most I've had, because I joined a tournament. When is the last moment for that to sign up (APprox) How long do tournamnets like that last? Also, with a 60 day timbank, no timeout, how fast must you move? Or is that for each game? I'm sorry, but I a new subscriber. Thanks you all! I am really resisting loading up on games.
    You have a 60 day clock each, so technically each game could take a maximum of 119 days 23 hours and 58 minutes.

In reality, a few of the games could be finished in a night, and a few more you'd wish they were.

edit.oops
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:36
    The whole idea is that there will be three rounds. At 120 days per round (60 days each) that is 360 days for the whole thing, or just under a year. I would imagine that Dec. 31 would be the last day to signup as it is the 2007 championship. (this is all speculation based on how 2006 was set up).
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:371 edit
    ok, and how many games do you immediately get stuck with?
    And, how does the point system work? Or is there?
    Also, what happens if you win? A good reputation yah
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:40
    I want to enter, but I never play 0/60 games.
  7. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:43
    ok, and how many games do you immediately get stuck with?
    And, how does the point system work? Or is there?
    You probably get 18 games immediately as the format is usually groups of 10 players playing a round robin with top player(s) advancing to 2nd round. But group size could vary depending on number of entrants.
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:462 edits
    Originally posted by cludi
    You probably get 18 games immediately as the format is usually groups of 10 players playing a round robin with top player(s) advancing to 2nd round. But group size could vary depending on number of entrants.
    ok
    1 last question, i hope.
    How does the point system work? I noticed the 2006 tournament gave points, and people in the final had different points somehow.

* My guess is you get so many points for a win and being balck and white. It's unclear. But would that mean you could still advance with a loss?
  9. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:55
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I want to enter, but I never play 0/60 games.
    Why not?
    60 days for a game is A LOT of time.
    An example: Gatecrasher and I have played 54 moves without moving more than just about once every 1 or 2 days. Gate has 15 days left and I have 21 days. No time pressure whatsoever, although our game has already lasted longer than the average game.
    0/60 settings are also very good if you plan to go on a vacation. No worries of being timed out on a 3 day holiday, but of course you may have to move a little faster later on...
  10. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:57
    ok
    1 last question, i hope.
    How does the point system work? I noticed the 2006 tournament gave points, and people in the final had different points somehow.

* My guess is you get so many points for a win and being balck and white. It's unclear. But would that mean you could still advance with a loss?
    Tournament rules are the same for all tournaments on the site:
    3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
    The player(s) with most points when all games are played, progress to next round.
  11. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 20:59
    Why not?
    60 days for a game is A LOT of time.
    An example: Gatecrasher and I have played 54 moves without moving more than just about once every 1 or 2 days. Gate has 15 days left and I have 21 days. No time pressure whatsoever, although our game has already lasted longer than the average game.
    0/60 settings are also very good if you plan to go on a vacatio ...[text shortened]... ing timed out on a 3 day holiday, but of course you may have to move a little faster later on...
    It starts right about when my midterms do - those conflict quite badly.
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:00
    Tournament rules are the same for all tournaments on the site:
    3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
    The player(s) with most points when all games are played, progress to next round.
    Thanks a ton all who helped. 😵

I suppose that if there is a tie for points in a group, both will advance.
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:01
    Thanks a ton all who helped. 😵

I suppose that if there is a tie for points in a group, both will advance.
    Yeah.
  14. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:31
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    It starts right about when my midterms do - those conflict quite badly.
    So? You have 60 days! Thats huge. You can spend 10 days taking mid-terms and still have 50 left. Then consider that you will blitz out the first 8-10 moves of your opening against most people and you have maybe 20-30 moves to make in 45 days (plus those moves are interuppted by waiting for your opponent, so it is really much longer).
  15. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 21:36
    Ok. I'm on a 2 week holiday break, so I will probably sign up at the last minute (Which is...? Dec. 31?)

(By the way, what happens if you win that tournament?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree