1. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:29
    Somebody gave a link in one of the forums, I wasnt able to find it now, but I saw a game in wich a player castled 3 times, it is the record.

How can this be legaly posible in chess since after you move your king you cant castle??
  2. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:32
    It is illegal but if you're opponent dosen't notice it you can get away with it, I belive korcnoj casteled after moving his king and the game continued because no one noticed.
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:391 edit
    If someone would have noticed would kortcnoj have lost?
  4. Dublin
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:41
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~timkr/records/records.htm#greatest%20number%20of%20castlings The third castling isn't legal obviously as the king has moved.
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:43
    Originally posted by sorrymate
    If someone would have noticed would kortcnoj have lost?
    The board should be reset to the position before the illegal move and the player making that illegal move must then, obviously, move the piece he touched first.
  6. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:44
    Originally posted by omulcusobolani
    It is illegal but if you're opponent dosen't notice it you can get away with it, I belive korcnoj casteled after moving his king and the game continued because no one noticed.
    Wow!! not to notice a second castle in an oficial game, makes me think of the worst players I have seen playing.

The worst I have seen is a player who captured his opponent's queen with the opponent's own knight, and he didn't noticed, everybody was silent at the time he made the move, and when the other player resigned after loosing his queen, I can remember people on the ground laughing!!!
  7. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:50
    Dragonfire, does this apply for all illegal moves. Say my opponent goes to the bathroom and I make an illegal move with a piece I was going to move anyway but the illegal move is more favourable. If he notices then no problem, just reset the position and I'll move the piece again but this time to a legal square 😀
  8. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    27 Sep '06 16:53
    Originally posted by sorrymate
    Dragonfire, does this apply for all illegal moves. Say my opponent goes to the bathroom and I make an illegal move with a piece I was going to move anyway but the illegal move is more favourable. If he notices then no problem, just reset the position and I'll move the piece again but this time to a legal square 😀
    I think if the player is found to have done it on pourpouse for his advantage in a situation like the one you say, he migth be paying some time, maybe 20 or 30 minutes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree