Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 04 Jun '06 01:06
  2. 04 Jun '06 01:20
    You didn't even take part in this game. Why are you posting this here?
  3. 04 Jun '06 01:22
    which forum should it go in?
  4. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    04 Jun '06 01:56
    Why?

    Why was it drawn?

    Why was it played?

    Why did a 900 promote his Pawn to a Knight?

    It is kind of funny though.
  5. 04 Jun '06 11:25
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Why?

    Why was it drawn?

    Why was it played?

    Why did a 900 promote his Pawn to a Knight?

    It is kind of funny though.
    Being a horse youself - you should be able to respond - straight from the horses mouth (apologises couldn't resist) - how many knights (horses) would it take?
  6. Standard member Hindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    04 Jun '06 12:23
    Originally posted by Tyne
    Being a horse youself - you should be able to respond - straight from the horses mouth (apologises couldn't resist) - how many knights (horses) would it take?
    3 knights will be enough to mate!
  7. 04 Jun '06 12:41
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    3 knights will be enough to mate!
    go on - show me how
  8. Standard member Freddie2008
    9 Edits
    04 Jun '06 14:07
    Originally posted by horsey
    go on - show me how
    "Three knights and a king can force checkmate against a lone king"

    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Jun '06 14:27

    72. Ne6+ Ke7
    73. Nc5 Kd8
    74. Kf7 Kc8
    75. Ke7 Kb8
    76. Kd8 Ka7
    77. Nfd7 Ka8
    78. Nd6 Ka7
    79. Kc7 Ka8
    80. Nb6+ Ka7
    81. Ndc8# 1-0
  10. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Jun '06 14:46
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    3 knights will be enough to mate!
    Incorrect. Three Knights and King against King, yes.

    Four Knights can win without the help of their King.
  11. 04 Jun '06 14:47
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Incorrect. Three Knights and King against King, yes.

    Four Knights can win without the help of their King.
    Thanks Bowmann
  12. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Jun '06 14:49 / 2 edits
    * Mr Bowmann has changed his mind and removed the contents of this post *
  13. 04 Jun '06 14:54
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    [b]
    72. Ne6+ Ke7
    73. Nc5 Kd8
    74. Kf7 Kc8
    75. Ke7 Kb8
    76. Kd8 Ka7
    77. Nfd7 Ka8
    78. Nd6 Ka7
    79. Kc7 Ka8
    80. Nb6+ Ka7
    81. Ndc8# 1-0
    [/b]
    Thanks Bowmann - I didn't want it to sound sarcastic... I couldn't see how it was done, you showed me.. I was impressed so rec'd and thanked you.
  14. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Jun '06 15:05
    Originally posted by horsey
    Thanks Bowmann - I didn't want it to sound sarcastic... I couldn't see how it was done, you showed me.. I was impressed so rec'd and thanked you.
    Have a nice day.
  15. Standard member Red Night
    RHP Prophet
    04 Jun '06 18:33
    Originally posted by Tyne
    Being a horse youself - you should be able to respond - straight from the horses mouth (apologises couldn't resist) - how many knights (horses) would it take?
    You can mate with three knights.

    But why would you want to?

    Particularly if you are a 900 struggling for wins.