Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 16 Jun '16 16:53
    In the past week or so I've had 2 players message me to say they're stopping playing and I could take the skull. Both of them resigned all their games and told me it was so I wouldn't get many points. One of them said he couldn't afford to lose to somebody with a low rating as I had.
    Another one just resigned and told me it was a boring game.
    Is this a common thing now?
  2. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    16 Jun '16 19:29
    Originally posted by MilkyJoe
    In the past week or so I've had 2 players message me to say they're stopping playing and I could take the skull. Both of them resigned all their games and told me it was so I wouldn't get many points. One of them said he couldn't afford to lose to somebody with a low rating as I had.
    Another one just resigned and told me it was a boring game.
    Is this a common thing now?
    First I've heard of it.
    Were the players non sub's like yourself?.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that, but having a maximum of, I think ,6 concurrent games they may just be being selective.
    I've just renewed my subs again for about $30 U.S.Pretty cheap I'd say and as many games as you like.
    Regarding ratings, I stopped taking notice of them years ago.
    The only ones that have any meaning are the 1 yr and 5 yr max and the ones that are used for calculation are the current ones which can depend on timeout losses and deliberate resignations.
  3. 09 Jul '16 18:42
    I don't think they were subs, but they were both provisional. It was just weird I had 2 games within such a short time where I got a message saying they were resigning all their games just to give me their low rating win, and both said to take the skull.