1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 17:13
    Originally posted by scandium
    My preferred 1. e4 e5 opening is the Vienna Gambit, but it sometimes leads to this depending on black's move order and my own preference at the time (ie: after 1.e4 e5 2. Nc3 Bc5 3. Bc4 (I don't like 3. f4 in this position) d6 4. d3 Nf6 5. Nf3 Nc6 and our thematic quiet Italian position has been reached with no center fork trick playable.

Personally I'm ...[text shortened]... opening bad. Merely quiet, with only slight advantage that requires patience to nurture.
    Fair enough. I've just never cared for the position and actively seek to avoid it. IN fact I don't much care for symmetric positions at all. I think that might be why I despise the French exchange so much.
  2. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 17:24
    Originally posted by scandium
    My preferred 1. e4 e5 opening is the Vienna Gambit, but it sometimes leads to this depending on black's move order and my own preference at the time (ie: after 1.e4 e5 2. Nc3 Bc5 3. Bc4 (I don't like 3. f4 in this position) d6 4. d3 Nf6 5. Nf3 Nc6 and our thematic quiet Italian position has been reached with no center fork trick playable.

Personally I'm ...[text shortened]... opening bad. Merely quiet, with only slight advantage that requires patience to nurture.
    Most players play 2...Nc6 or Nf6 after 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree