1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 01:06
    Originally posted by w0lver1ne
    That's an average of a move every two minutes, 24 hours a day.

How is it possible ?
    Down to sheer volume of games and playing very active opponents.

Regardless of how quickly you move if your opponent doesn't reply right away then the game stalls.

If you were to start 200 games right now, with you as white, you could probably make the first move in each game in around 20-30 minutes. Even if you took 30 seconds per move it would only take you 100 minutes.

If you are single, retired or unemployed with nothing else to do, then the sky is the limit.
  2. Standard memberTimmyBx
    TacticsTime.com
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 02:20
    You can also pad your number of moves by never resigning. This can easy add at least 10-20 moves per game.
  3. Joined
    11 Aug '03
    Moves
    22 Feb '12 22:34
    Originally posted by watchyourbackrank
    @mikenay
    there's a big difference between 50 moves in 50 games and 50 moves in one game. the latter is obviously much easier
    They're different, certainly, but I think one is a fair guide for the other. Maybe 50 correspondence chess moves take twice as long as one 50 move OTB game, but I don't see any reason to assume it's ten times as long (say).

I think the strength of the opposition is key. A close game, in either form, can takes hours, but a game against a much weaker player could be relatively quick per move.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree