1. ...who does not know
    Moves
    02 May '09 01:04
    Anyone else have a game where you blow it early with a simple. Don't ask me what I was thinking because I obviously wasn't. That Queen should have been gone on my 5th move. I'm white. I just thought some of you might enjoy the laugh. 🙄Game 6270001
  2. Joined
    30 Mar '09
    Moves
    02 May '09 01:28
    Originally posted by Eric LeFavour
    Anyone else have a game where you blow it early with a simple. Don't ask me what I was thinking because I obviously wasn't. That Queen should have been gone on my 5th move. I'm white. I just thought some of you might enjoy the laugh. 🙄Game 6270001
    It's that raised set,I'm telling ya! 😛

Seriously,missing that queen en prise.Ouch! :'(
  3. ...who does not know
    Moves
    02 May '09 11:52
    Originally posted by Romanticus
    It's that raised set,I'm telling ya! 😛

Seriously,missing that queen en prise.Ouch! :'(
    You may be right Romanticus. LOL It was so early, I was lost in space. I'm still pretty inexperienced at this compared to some of you. I have friends I can beat like some of you beat me. However, when I play somebody with some principle and understanding, they see the holes in my simple positions quickly. I'm learning though. There is a lot of good information just here on the site if you really read it and try to analyze it. I'm picking up things though. Thanks for the feedback Romanticus. 🙂 I knew that Queen was there, I moved my knight up to threaten her. I have no idea what I was thinking. I've looked at it a couple of times and I just have to laugh at myself for such an obvious oversight. That would have been an early gamebreaker for me I think. Instead, the realization of what I had done, made it go the other way. I was embarassed. 😳
    By the way, what does en prise mean?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 May '09 12:04
    En prise, french for unprotected, hanging, out there, free for the taking. I had a friend playing a 1700+ opponent and when latter left his queen en prise my friend thought it was a trap and failed to take it! Like you said, would have been a game breaker.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree