1. under your bed
    Moves
    24 Mar '11 14:531 edit
    I just wondered your thoughts please 🙂

[gid]http://www.chessatwork.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=8274715&cbqsid=9651[/gid]
  2. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    24 Mar '11 15:09
    Originally posted by plopzilla

[gid]http://www.chessatwork.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=8274715&cbqsid=9651[/gid]
    Game 8274715
  3. under your bed
    Moves
    24 Mar '11 19:152 edits
    thanks - seems the site does not work properly when trying to add links to games or pgn.
  4. SubscriberRagwortonline
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    24 Mar '11 23:22

I've looked at the final position several times today and have to say it seems quite complicated and difficult to assess, for me at any rate. Black seems to have covered all the king side threats and White seems to lack a sacrificial or a pawn breakthrough. White does however have the passed pawn on e5. I think white will have to pull back and regroup over the next few moves.

Black looks to be able to establish their knight on c3 or d4 via b5 or may be able to play d4 and reach c3 and e3 via d4 with the knight, although that would leave the c pawn backward. I'm not sure that this means all that much although I have the feeling that Black has a little more flexibility in their position and perhaps can organise something more convincing on the queen-side.

I see that you have played several games against this opponent before and have either lost or agreed draws in other complex looking positions. I think that if I were Black receiving a draw offer in this position I would have played on and made you prove it.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 00:424 edits
    thanks - seems the site does not work properly when trying to add links to games or pgn.
    FAQ
  6. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    25 Mar '11 01:12
    hallo,

so to me this position is not understandable yet. i like whites position, but maybe because it pops up at the bottom of the screen when i open the game 😉

anyways, i really like the threat of the bishop/knight/queen of white. i think black must bring his own bishop to the guard, no?

but as for your reral question: if it is true you know your opponent better (have played him more often), then you know best how not to insult him by playing on a position you dont see yourself winning but hoping for a blunder of his. for an unknown opponent i would never ever draw that position, not white, not black. also because i would like to learn from the outcome, not just because i wait for blunders 🙂 . thats because i dont really understand the position...

cheers...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree