1. Joined
    08 Sep '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 09:48
    Hi everyone, i'd like some advise here on playing games. As you may notice, my results are very low, although i've played a few good games. but, i find it extremely hard to get back into a current game, especially when moves are slow (i now only play timeout 1day, o day timebank). Besides, my two options are either playing during a break at work (not very good for concentration) or at home in the evening, but i get killed by my girlfriend when i spend too much time in front of the computer (not good for concentration either)...I just can't imagine how subscribers can play so many simultaneous games at all!
    Is it just me getting used to RHP constrains, have some of you had the same difficulties?
    thanks for your replies and advise.

Paul
  2. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 09:55
    Maybe try some blitz chess instead, you could play on free sites such as yahoo and you can set the time limits for the games so they can be as long or as short as you want🙂
  3. Manchester
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 10:23
    If a game is slow and/or complicated, I use the notepad. After making a move, while it's still fresh in my mind, I jot down what I think my opponents likely responses are going to be and how I will parry them.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    09 Dec '06 22:24
    Originally posted by polux
    Hi everyone, i'd like some advise here on playing games. As you may notice, my results are very low, although i've played a few good games. but, i find it extremely hard to get back into a current game, especially when moves are slow (i now only play timeout 1day, o day timebank). Besides, my two options are either playing during a break at work (not very good ...[text shortened]... ins, have some of you had the same difficulties?
    thanks for your replies and advise.

Paul
    If you don't like how slow the games are don't play here, play blitz.

It takes a while to get adjusted.

Before I was into blitz timers then moved on into 30 min/per game then 120 min per game, then Rhp timers.

Then in my 120 min/per game I would get into time trouble because I was use to rhp timers.

Takes awhile to adjust to all the different timers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree