Against slow opponents OTB

Against slow opponents OTB

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
01 Apr 10

Cough.

Moves
01 Apr 10
1 edit

Get up and walk around the room, while perfecting the "Oh yes, he's got to think because he's in trouble now. Mate in 3, you know." expression.

I also try to give my eyes a rest from looking at square-shaped-things, by finding curved-shaped-things to look at. My theory is this gives the square-shaped-thing part of the brain a rest. It's actually surprisingly difficult. It's amazing how many rooms, tables, chairs, etc, are square.

o
Art is hard

Moves
01 Apr 10

Originally posted by aquatabby
Get up and walk around the room, while perfecting the "Oh yes, he's got to think because he's in trouble now. Mate in 3, you know." expression.

I also try to give my eyes a rest from looking at square-shaped-things, by finding curved-shaped-things to look at. My theory is this gives the square-shaped-thing part of the brain a rest. It's actually surprisingly difficult. It's amazing how many rooms, tables, chairs, etc, are square.
Why would anyone be looking at the squares anyway if curves were present?

t

Moves
01 Apr 10
1 edit

t

Moves
01 Apr 10

IC

Moves
01 Apr 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Get a chess clock, that way if he is taking more time to play than you, he will more than likely time out.

If no clock is used, take longer than him. Then if he complains say, "I can take all day if I want to, you sure did." Then kiss his girlfriend. 😛
I am just that evil. 😀

M

Moves
01 Apr 10

a few options:

- on his time, go out, buy a sandwich and eat it in his face. (mouth open)

- wear a mask (&feature=player_embedded)

- take a walk to the nearest computer room and.... don't cheat of course, but look for the next blitz tournament in your region. Obviously standard time is not for you.

-Learn more about chess. The more you know, the more different things you'll find yourself thinking about when it's his time to think (pawn structure, weaknesses, open files, imbalances and how to play in those situations, etc). or you can just buy a sandwich and eat it in his face. I think it's the way to go.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Apr 10

Slow chess is not for you. Play blitz tournaments [5 min per game].

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Apr 10

Get him in time trouble.

t

Moves
01 Apr 10

T

Moves
01 Apr 10

Originally posted by Maxacre42
a few options:

- wear a mask (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMT4tOvJThA&feature=player_embedded)
That has given me an idea!

Sit upside down in your chair

g

Moves
02 Apr 10
2 edits

Being in control of one's emotions is part of being a good chess player. Losing control of your emotions may result in playing poor moves. Take your time and play your game while the clock regulates the game.

M

Moves
02 Apr 10

Originally posted by Tiwaking

nice

IC

Moves
02 Apr 10

Originally posted by Tiwaking

Some guy tried that on me. I calmly told him he looked well, and his breath smelled better. 😞

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
02 Apr 10

Originally posted by Ice Cold
Some guy tried that on me. I calmly told him he looked well, and his breath smelled better. 😞
😀.........that does'nt alter the body odour eminating from there armpits, "For Christ sake, shower before you turn up for game!"