1. Joined
    05 Feb '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 10:40
    Drinking problem? The problem only arises when there isn't anything to drink.😛
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 14:29
    Originally posted by powershaker
    The top of what? If He didn't have Jesus in his heart, what has he gained if he is World Champion for one hundred times? Only through Christ Jesus can a man truly find happiness. It's easy to fall into the ways of the world, but how many men truly have the adventures of Paul, Peter and the Apostles? How many men have not a roof over their heads or a ...[text shortened]... Alekhine, and even if you could, without Christ, a man is nothing... only dust in the wind!
    lay off the bong, 'shaker.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 14:52
    The top of what? If He didn't have Jesus in his heart, what has he gained if he is World Champion for one hundred times? Only through Christ Jesus can a man truly find happiness. It's easy to fall into the ways of the world, but how many men truly have the adventures of Paul, Peter and the Apostles? How many men have not a roof over their heads or a ...[text shortened]... Alekhine, and even if you could, without Christ, a man is nothing... only dust in the wind!
    Oh, man. Jebus and chess don't mix.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 18:461 edit
    The top of what? If He didn't have Jesus in his heart, what has he gained if he is World Champion for one hundred times? Only through Christ Jesus can a man truly find happiness. It's easy to fall into the ways of the world, but how many men truly have the adventures of Paul, Peter and the Apostles? How many men have not a roof over their heads or a Alekhine, and even if you could, without Christ, a man is nothing... only dust in the wind!
    with Noah drunked uh ?
  5. washington
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 19:04
    i watched this tv show that does scientific studies about random crap. they took an athlete and put him through tests shooting pool, throwing darts, and some other things that i forgot about by now. ne ways after each time he did each event his scores were recorded. after he had 1 beer he did better than the last time. after he had 2 beers he did even better. alcahol has shown that it helps one relax better. after he drank too much his performance declined because of his lack of coordination. sure many top athletes have drank or done some form of substance without anyone knowing. the human body has an amazing capability of adapting to a lifestyle even if its not the best for them.
  6. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jan '07 19:37
    Alekhine offered a rematch to Capablanca under the same conditions Capa had set to him.

The probleum was with the rematch is that the currency rate changed and Capa couldnt come up with the money.

I think that Alekhine would of lost a match as world champion against anyone really world class. He had a personality simular to Capablanca. Alekhine would lose his title to Capa in a rematch through lack of motivation and heavy drinking. Capa would then again lose his title if he was world champion to Alekhine through ego mania and lazyness. Both had the same character flaw of not being motivated world champions and thats why it is a tough one to call if they played again. Had they of played 4-5 world championship matches against eachother, the logic is niether would of defended the title.

Tal on Acid
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 02:27
    Originally posted by Tal on acid
    Alekhine offered a rematch to Capablanca under the same conditions Capa had set to him.

The probleum was with the rematch is that the currency rate changed and Capa couldnt come up with the money.

I think that Alekhine would of lost a match as world champion against anyone really world class. He had a personality simular to Capablanca. Alekhine wo ...[text shortened]... ship matches against eachother, the logic is niether would of defended the title.

Tal on Acid
    Being Alekhine the World Champion, he never played with Capablanca in any tournament, because HE ALWAYS DEMANDED to the organizers not invited him ...
    He played in world matches with other players , but no one so strong as Capablanca was ...

Being of similar personality ???

I dont think so
  8. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 02:42
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    Being Alekhine the World Champion, he never played with Capablanca in any tournament, because HE ALWAYS DEMANDED to the organizers not invited him ...
    He played in world matches with other players , but no one so strong as Capablanca was ...

Being of similar personality ???

I dont think so
    I think you need to do some research!
  9. Joined
    01 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 02:49
    You are an idiot.
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Tal on acid
    I think you need to do some research!
    really ?

" Alekhine refused to play a return match, even though doing so had been a pre-condition of the match. Despite the collapse of the financial markets in 1929, Alekhine continued to insist on the London conditions, with a $10,000 purse to be secured by the challenger. Capablanca found it difficult to satisfy this condition. Instead, Alekhine played two matches against Efim Bogoljubov, a fine player, but one who posed no great threat in a long match. (Capablanca had a 5-0 lifetime record against him). Throughout his tenure as champion, Alekhine refused to play in the same tournaments as Capablanca. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Ra%C3%BAl_Capablanca

Although Capablanca was clearly the leading challenger, Alekhine carefully avoided granting a re-match, although a right to a re-match was part of the agreement. He avoided Capablanca by insisting that the winner get $10,000 in gold, just as he got in Buenos Aires. But after the stock market crash, there were no backers. Instead, Alekhine played matches with Efim Bogoljubow, an official "Champion of FIDE", in 1929 and 1934, winning handily both times. The first match with Efim Bogoljubow held at Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, Berlin, The Hague, and Amsterdam in September through November, 1929. Alekhine won with eleven wins, nine draws, and five losses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Alekhine
  11. The sky
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 03:09
    Originally posted by GreatSantini
    Oh, man. Jebus and chess don't mix.
    I think he has a Jesus problem. Poor guy.
  12. Joined
    06 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 14:21
    Originally posted by zintieriv
    really ?

" Alekhine refused to play a return match, even though doing so had been a pre-condition of the match. Despite the collapse of the financial markets in 1929, Alekhine continued to insist on the London conditions, with a $10,000 purse to be secured by the challenger. Capablanca found it difficult to satisfy this condition. Instead, Alekhine play ...[text shortened]... eleven wins, nine draws, and five losses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Alekhine
    I already covered that question in my first post.

Alekhine declined a rematch because Capa couldnt come up with the same money Alekhine came up with, those was the terms and conditions. If you think it was about running scared with the title then so be it.

Quote taking from wiki link you posted

"Alekhine refused to play a return match, even though doing so had been a pre-condition of the match. Despite the collapse of the financial markets in 1929, Alekhine continued to insist on the London conditions, with a $10,000 purse to be secured by the challenger. Capablanca found it difficult to satisfy this condition."

Whoever wrote that is biased. The pre condition to the match was that the if the challenger won, the x world champ would have to come up with the same money the challenger came up with!...."the london conditions".

I guess this just shows how missleading some people can be but then again wikipedia isnt always fair.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 17:31
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I understand that Alekhine did offer Capablanca a World Chess Title Match, but Capablanca did not accept it. Seems like I read that Capablanca said that it was a bad date for him to play a chess match. Alekhine did not offer it again. Alot of the friction between Alekhine and Capablanca was Capablanca's own fault. He told Alekhine to put up the money if he w ...[text shortened]... that hidden requirement. Capablanca didnot treat Alekhine any better then Alekhine treated him.
    http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Jack%20Rabbit/84

" During his reign, Alekhine demonstrated exactly why independent control of the world title was needed. Ducking proposals for a rematch against Capablanca, who continued to win strong tournaments, Alekhine instead handpicked his challenger, Efim Bogolyubov, another Russian emigre who lived in Germany. Bogolyubov was a strong player in his own right, but not in the same class as Alekhine, Capablanca or Dr. Lasker. Alekhine played not one but two matches against Bogolyubov, in 1929 and 1934, easily winning both. "

http://www.ficgs.com/wiki_en-world-chess-championship.html

"However, in 1927, he was shockingly upset by a new challenger, Alekhine. Before the match, almost no one gave Alekhine a chance against the dominant Cuban, but Alekhine overcame Capablanca's natural skill with his unmatched drive and extensive preparation (especially deep opening analysis, which became a hallmark of all future grandmasters). The aggressive Alekhine was helped by his fearsome tactical skill, which complicated the game. He also managed to stave off a rematch against Capablanca indefinitely "

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/List_of_chess_world_championship_matches

"1927 Alekhine-Capablanca: After winning this match in great style, Alekhine hand picked his opponents for all his future matches, and refused to play a rematch with Capablanca. Lasker though, had done the same thing, and so had Capablanca."
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '07 19:38
    the cookie monster is getting hungry!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree