1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:161 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    You completely outplayed that fool. I'm surprised you're not rated higher.
    Thanks for the compliment.
    There are some reasons to why my rating isn't that higher,
    1 - I'm a big time patzer. Sometimes i miss calculate, miss interpret and miss plan.

2 - When i joined the site i was an even bigger patzer. I didn't give this site the propper respect it deserves so i played rather carelessly. No planning no nada. I just thought that this was to have some fun, but now i know that though chess is much more enjoyable that just making allmost random moves and with silly and and rather childish plans. And if that wasn't enough i resigned some games earlier on just cause i was bored and my opponent didn't move fast enough. 🙄 Whoopdeefreakindoo for me!!! 🙄

3 - I din´t know why but sometimes i just seem to go away and seem to do least reasonable move and not to expect from my opponent the most reasonable move. But i'm worknig on it and hoping to improve.

I don't know if I'm being cocky but I think my higher could be somewhat higher on this site, at least 1300ish, but when my exams are finished i'll try much harder.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:192 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    You can get away with this against a patzer who makes pointless queen move. You will not get away with it against serious opponents so it is best to get out of the habit of taking chances.

The one exception is if you are lost and you make an inferior move because it gives the chance of a cheapo you would not otherwise have (e.g. a back rank mate).
    i think that his first two moves with the queen were rather careless but from the point that he took my pawn there was nothing more that he could do. And of course he should have traded queens but when you were seeing the game for the first time did you realize that the knight was on such a dangerous position?
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:272 edits
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    i think that his first two moves with the quenn were rather careless but from the point that he took my pawn there was nothing more that he could do. And of course he should have traded queens but when you were seeing the game for the first time did you realize that the horse was on such a dangerous position?
    Instantly! Its attacking f2 (as is the queen).

QXf6 .. NXf6;
    d4 .. cd
    BXd3

and whites game is freed up. Despite blacks lead in development it is not sufficient compensation for the 2 pawns down.

Plenty he can do! Qh4 at move 3 or 4 or recognising the mistake of bringing the Queen out Qd1 or Qd2 losing a few tempo. He just makes one pointless move after another as if the queen is the only attacking piece.

OK you can decide this guy is a "Queen patzer" and play accordingly but my point is don't take unnecessary chances. As long as you are attacking the queen and gaining space and tempi it is fine but move 9. Bc5 was one queen chasing move too many. You should consider Nd7 or even Bb7 here when you can start attacking the queen again safely. After Qxg7 (Rf8 .. QXh7 and you are 3 pawns down but could then try Qf6) you maybe have to play Kd7 but have squandered your advantage a little
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:481 edit
    Instantly! Its attacking f2 (as is the queen).

QXf6 .. NXf6;
    d4 .. cd
    BXd3

and whites game is freed up. Despite blacks lead in development it is not sufficient compensation for the 2 pawns down.

Plenty he can do! Qh4 at move 3 or 4 or recognising the mistake of bringing the Queen out Qd1 or Qd2 losing a few tempo. He just makes one pointless m ut could then try Qf6) you maybe have to play Kd7 but have squandered your advantage a little
    Ok. I see your point. This time i got lucky but maybe not the next time. A sincere thanks for the comments and advices. I just wanted to speed things a little a bit. If he blundered i had the game won and if he didn't both our queens would be gone with me having a development lead and him having a pawn lead but with my patzer reasoning i thought that my development lead was good enough to compensate that fact. And the what if he doesn't see the mate kept on pounding on my head...
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:561 edit
    Ok. I see your point. This time i got lucky but not maybe the next time. A sincere thanks for the comments and advices. I just wanted to speed things a little a bit. If he blundered i had the game won and if he didn't both our queens would be gone with me having a development lead and him having a pawn lead but with my patzer reasoning i thought that m ...[text shortened]... o compensate that fact. And the what if he doesn't see the mate kept on pounding on my head...
    You will get away with this against someone rated under 1100. You may not against someone rated 1400-1500 and you definately won't get away with it against a 1800-2000+ player. If you treat everyone as if they are rated 2000+ you will improve.

Don't worry I take chances against patzers as well and sometimes that gets me into trouble. Try and discipline yourself to avoid.
  6. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:48
    And the what if he doesn't see the mate kept on pounding on my head...
    Thats called "Hope Chess". You (or anybody else) make a questionable move and hope your opponent dont see the threat. Very bad habit... it took me a long time to break out of that, and sometimes I still do it.
  7. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:53
    You will get away with this against someone rated under 1100. You may not against someone rated 1400-1500 and you definately won't get away with it against a 1800-2000+ player. If you treat everyone as if they are rated 2000+ you will improve.

Don't worry I take chances against patzers as well and sometimes that gets me into trouble. Try and discipline yourself to avoid.
    He most certainly would not get away with that against me!
  8. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 14:58
    he moved 2 pieces that game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree