1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 03:533 edits
    This was a short game but i'm actually kinda proud of it because i could plan ahead almost all of the moves. I knew i had to be lucky but it could pay...
    So how many of you could have fallen for it. This game was played as if it was OTB and that's why i caught him...
    Game 3119432
  2. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 04:21
    Good enough reason to not bring your queen out to early.
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 04:23
    that's what i think now that i know a little bit more. but im still a patzer
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 04:33
    I don't think that very many pepole would miss that it would be mate if the queens were not traded off. With that being said even if they were you would be ahead in delovpement. But he would be up two pawns. Nice game and nice mate. Thanks Kevin
  5. Standard memberDies Irae
    I Love U
    LaLa Land
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 05:24
    If he would have traded queens which he should have, you would have a huge lead in development for two pawns which would have been great for you
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 09:29
    Originally posted by Dies Irae
    If he would have traded queens which he should have, you would have a huge lead in development for two pawns which would have been great for you
    With the queens off the two pawns would have been a very big plus. I'd rather have White's position.
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 10:332 edits
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    This was a short game but i'm actually kinda proud of it because i could plan ahead almost all of the moves. I knew i had to be lucky but it could pay...
    So how many of you could have fallen for it. This game was played as if it was OTB and that's why i caught him...
    Game 3119432
    10 queen moves out of 12 then mated. Pehaps exchanging queens when the opportunity presented itself at move 11 would be better, but perhaps not playing such patzer queen moves would be even better than that.

Well punished!
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 17:03
    Game 3119432
    I liked how Black sac'd a pawn for a big lead in development, but at move 9 he got a bit carried away. There was no reason to drop the g-pawn, especially if the follow-up is 10...Qf6? allowing White to trade Queens, which he most certainly should have done.
  9. Joined
    08 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 22:14
    Originally posted by deeploser
    Good enough reason to not bring your queen out to early.
    And here's another example of the dangers of bringing her out too soon.Game 2997185
  10. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 22:45
    should've traded queens when he had the chance, he wouldn't have been able to castle to kingside either cause the missing pawn would have left the king too exposed
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 23:34
    Game 3119432
    Wow, with the exception of the initial pawn move, white only moved the queen! Crazy 🙄
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 02:48
    Game 3119432
    You completely outplayed that fool. I'm surprised you're not rated higher.
  13. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:05
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I liked how Black sac'd a pawn for a big lead in development, but at move 9 he got a bit carried away. There was no reason to drop the g-pawn, especially if the follow-up is 10...Qf6? allowing White to trade Queens, which he most certainly should have done.
    my reasoning to drop the g pawn and the following queen move was the mate that i had on mind. I think that the plan went through because of two reasons:
    1 - He was "tired" of all the previous queen hunt.
    2 - the horse positon passed him by because the horse was there to atack the queen and not to defend that square.
    I know i gambled big time but his time it worked and sometimes i'm on a crazy mood and i like to take chances.
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:06
    Originally posted by jacr100
    And here's another example of the dangers of bringing her out too soon.Game 2997185
    Great game! I liked the way you took you time to take his queen.
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:11
    my reasoning to drop the g pawn and the following queen move was the mate that i had on mind. I think that the plan went through because of two reasons:
    1 - He was "tired" of all the previous queen hunt.
    2 - the horse positon passed him by because the horse was there to atack the queen and not to defend that square.
    I know i gambled big time but his time it worked and sometimes i'm on a crazy mood and i like to take chances.
    You can get away with this against a patzer who makes pointless queen move. You will not get away with it against serious opponents so it is best to get out of the habit of taking chances.

The one exception is if you are lost and you make an inferior move because it gives the chance of a cheapo you would not otherwise have (e.g. a back rank mate).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree