Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 21 Aug '07 22:31
    I have just been timed out six hours over. When I set the settings I must have made an error. It was at the end game, I had a rook over the opponents bishop and more pawns and better position. This player had a higher 2000 plus rating and I was surprised that they would want to win this way. I've let games go over for up to 42 days.

Am I just moaning unreasonably and should accept that I was timed out legitimately?
  2. 21 Aug '07 22:44
    Originally posted by philbeans
    I have just been timed out six hours over. When I set the settings I must have made an error. It was at the end game, I had a rook over the opponents bishop and more pawns and better position. This player had a higher 2000 plus rating and I was surprised that they would want to win this way. I've let games go over for up to 42 days.

Am I just moaning unreasonably and should accept that I was timed out legitimately?
    C'est la vie!
  3. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    21 Aug '07 22:52
    yep.
  4. Standard member chessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    22 Aug '07 00:33
    i see a skull and my mouth waters......
  5. Standard member 8D
    Fixer
    22 Aug '07 01:04
    That is life.
  6. 22 Aug '07 08:14
    It was at the end game, I had a rook over the opponents bishop and more pawns and better position.
    No wonder they took the skull...only way for them to win!

I understand how you feel though. You could ask for a rematch!
  7. 22 Aug '07 08:33
    Am I just moaning unreasonably and should accept that I was timed out legitimately?[/b]
    Of course you are, and not everyone is as generous as us, you know.

Bring on the skulls!
  8. 22 Aug '07 08:43 / 1 edit
    You offered him the skull, he took it. What's the big deal?

Before you say anything more, philbeans, may I humbly remind you of these games:
    Game 2873177
    Game 2811140
    Game 2863853
    Game 2863832
  9. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Aug '07 10:40
    You were in a sprint tournament, time management being one of the key points.

6 hours is a lot, considering it would have auto TOed in another 42 hours anyway.

D
  10. 23 Aug '07 22:34
    I am greatful for your replies and will take them on board,the game was a sprint and time management being part of the game.Being hypocritical about time outs and just being a moaner.
    thank you all for your comments.
  11. 24 Aug '07 00:31
    my dad also plays in rhp...he had a game where his opponent timed out but my dad (being generous) didn't claim the skull...so the game continued on for a while...unfortunately(on the same game), dad's time run out...and the guy took the skull

i bet dad wouldn't be so generous next time