1. Joined
    30 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:42
    Hi. I think i'm going to feel very stupid here but i think i'm playing a game that should be check mate - but the game hasn't ended..
    I have the black king in check, and he can't move or else he'll still be in check..
    Can anyone put me straight? If i'm missing something atleast i'll know next time...

Game id is 5273318

Thanks
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:50
    It's not checkmate, so the game continues. More can i not say while the game is yet in progres. But it's not your problem, your opponent must move first ...
  3. Joined
    25 Apr '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:512 edits
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by platty
    Hi. I think i'm going to feel very stupid here but i think i'm playing a game that should be check mate - but the game hasn't ended..
    I have the black king in check, and he can't move or else he'll still be in check..
    Can anyone put me straight? If i'm missing something atleast i'll know next time...

Game id is 5273318

Thanks
    When a player is in check mate, the RHP will automatically see this and will terminate further play, declares the mating part a winner and the mated part, eh, the loser.

In this case RHP works just fine. Believe me on this. I don't see any problem. Please go on with the game.

This game is in progress, and therefore I don't want to give the exact explanation.
  5. Joined
    30 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:55
    Originally posted by Gerrit de Leeuw
    It's not checkmate, so the game continues. More can i not say while the game is yet in progres. But it's not your problem, your opponent must move first ...
    I see, Thanks, i guess i just have to be more patient..

Thanks
  6. Joined
    30 Nov '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 11:36
    haha.. Ok, got it.. Knew it had to be something simple that i was missing!! missed the En Passant.... Thanks guys..
  7. Joined
    17 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 12:12
    hehe, there have been so many threads like this. It just makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong because I've never moved a pawn double to put a king in check.
  8. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 13:27
    haha.. Ok, got it.. Knew it had to be something simple that i was missing!! missed the En Passant.... Thanks guys..
    But do you say it with an exaggerated accent a la inspector Clouseau?!
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 14:211 edit

Game id is 5273318

Thanks
    Game 5273318 is not over yet.

P.S. It is now!
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 00:15
    wow, I can't believe we get so many of these types of games. I thought the odds of such a position happening wouldn't be so high?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree