Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 25 May '09 20:56
    I know the knightsac was not the best option but it looked too interesting to pass the oportunity.
    I did think I would get a faster and stronger attack though,didn't quite work out as well as I hoped.
    In the end I wanted to keep trying for a win but had no clue how so I took his draw offer.
    Any thoughts?Ideas?

    Game 6311341

    [Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame"]
    [Date "2009.05.12"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Glompe"]
    [Black "Romanticus"]
    [Result "1/2-1/2"]
    [PlyCount "67"]
    [EventDate "2009.??.??"]

    1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Nf3 d6 4.Bc4 h6 5.d4 g5 6.O-O Bg7 7.c3 Nc6 8.g3 Bh3 9.gxf4 Qd7 10.Rf2 Nf6 11.Qe1 O-O-O 12.d5 Ne7 13.f5 Rde8 14.Re2 Nxf5 15.exf5 Rxe2 16.Bxe2 Qxf5 17.Nd4 Qxd5 18.Bf3 Qc5 19.b4 Qe5 20.Qe3 Ng4 21.Bxb7+ Kxb7 22.Qf3+ Kc8 23.Qxh3 Qe1+ 24.Qf1 Bxd4+ 25.cxd4 Qxf1+ 26.Kxf1 Nxh2+ 27.Kg2 Ng4 28.Nc3 Re8 29.Bd2 f5 30.Rc1 Kb7 31.Kf3 Nh2+ 32.Kg3 Ng4 33.Kf3 Nh2+ 34.Kg3 1/2-1/2

    I've had it with this rubbish pgn thing.It just won't work
  2. 25 May '09 20:59
  3. 25 May '09 21:00
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    [pgn][Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.playtheimmortalgame"]
    [Date "2009.05.12"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Glompe"]
    [Black "Romanticus"]
    [Result "1/2-1/2"]
    [PlyCount "67"]
    [EventDate "2009.??.??"]

    1.e4 e5 2.f4 exf4 3.Nf3 d6 4.Bc4 h6 5.d4 g5 6.O-O Bg7 7.c3 Nc6 8.g3 Bh3 9.gxf4 Qd7 10.Rf2 Nf6 11.Qe1 O-O-O 12.d5 Ne7 13.f5 Rde8 14.Re2 Nxf5 15.exf5 Rxe ...[text shortened]... 29.Bd2 f5 30.Rc1 Kb7 31.Kf3 Nh2+ 32.Kg3 Ng4 33.Kf3 Nh2+ 34.Kg3 1/2-1/2
    [/pgn]
    Showoff

    What did you change to make it work?
  4. 25 May '09 21:01
  5. 25 May '09 21:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Romanticus
    Showoff

    What did you change to make it work?
    Nothing at all, just copy-pasted and added [pgn] tags around it
  6. 25 May '09 21:08
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Nothing at all, just copy-pasted and added [pgn] tags around it
    Hm,when I try it now it works fine.That's not the first time either.
    I hate this thing
  7. 25 May '09 21:08
    From this novices perspective, right from the get go I would have done 4. d4 taking control of the center and attacking the pawn. Someone more experienced than me might tell me I'm wrong, though.

    It just seems to me you gambitted away your f-pawn and then didn't use it to your advantage. In fact, your opponed was able to fortify a pawn chain that reaped havock on your king side - the very side you castled to.
  8. 25 May '09 21:09
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    From this novices perspective, right from the get go I would have done 4. d4 taking control of the center and attacking the pawn. Someone more experienced than me might tell me I'm wrong, though.

    It just seems to me you gambitted away your f-pawn and then didn't use it to your advantage. In fact, your opponed was able to fortify a pawn chain that reaped havock on your king side - the very side you castled to.
    I'm playing the Black side
  9. 25 May '09 21:23
    Originally posted by Romanticus
    I'm playing the Black side
    Had you considered at some point gxf4 to open up his exposed king along the g-file?
  10. 25 May '09 21:52
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Had you considered at some point gxf4 to open up his exposed king along the g-file?
    Yes,but I decided against it in order to complete development asap.
    First get the army ready,only then attack
  11. 25 May '09 22:14
    Originally posted by Romanticus
    Yes,but I decided against it in order to complete development asap.
    First get the army ready,only then attack
    The actual order is.

    1.induce a weakness in your opponent's camp.

    2.develope around that weakness.

    3.attack that weakness!!!!!!
  12. 25 May '09 22:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    The actual order is.

    1.induce a weakness in your opponent's camp.

    2.develope around that weakness.

    3.attack that weakness!!!!!!
    nonsense, that actual order is

    1. think of something beautiful
    2. look at the board in an appreciative way, the interaction of the pawns and the pieces, that beautiful square beckoning your bishop, that knight outpost, oh, how aesthetically pleasing, the awesome power of an open file,
    3. play with style, creativity and a natural flair! and watch in awe as you impose your mind on nature, as ideas are born from the fruit of reason and transcend the dawn of banal materialism
  13. Standard member Eric LeFavour
    The guy
    25 May '09 22:57
    At Qe1, why did you not play f5 instead? It seems you gave up a couple of pieces real quick there. I don't claim to know anything, it just sparked my curiosity?
  14. Standard member Nowakowski
    10. O-O
    25 May '09 23:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nonsense, that actual order is

    1. think of something beautiful
    2. look at the board in an appreciative way, the interaction of the pawns and the pieces, that beautiful square beckoning your bishop, that knight outpost, oh, how aesthetically pleasing, the awesome power of an open file,
    3. play with style, creativity and a natural flair! and wat ...[text shortened]... ature, as ideas are born from the fruit of reason and transcend the dawn of banal materialism
    indeed.
  15. 25 May '09 23:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nonsense, that actual order is

    1. think of something beautiful
    2. look at the board in an appreciative way, the interaction of the pawns and the pieces, that beautiful square beckoning your bishop, that knight outpost, oh, how aesthetically pleasing, the awesome power of an open file,
    3. play with style, creativity and a natural flair! and wat ...[text shortened]... ature, as ideas are born from the fruit of reason and transcend the dawn of banal materialism
    Ah... Nimzowitsch would be proud of you.