1. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 21:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I know they can be like a desert region, one expects an Arab caravan to pass at any moment. The trick i think is to make it fun somehow, like if you are up material in blitz, under promote to a knight or bishop and try to mate your opponent with minor pieces.
    Me? Up on material in Blitz? It's the land where all my hopes & dreams go to die. 😀
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 21:48
    Originally posted by SMesq
    Me? Up on material in Blitz? It's the land where all my hopes & dreams go to die. 😀
    LOL, actually in truth it was quite fun learning to mate with a knight and bishop, two bishops, rook and king v king, queen and king v king, the trickier stuff always involved pawns and rook end games, woa, forget it.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    17 Nov '13 21:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, actually in truth it was quite fun learning to mate with a knight and bishop, two bishops, rook and king v king, queen and king v king, the trickier stuff always involved pawns and rook end games, woa, forget it.
    It's funny, I was playing my lass yesterday & she had K-Q v K and chased me around the board for 40+ moves & finally asked how on earth to splat me......so I show her & she looks at me with fresh eyes: ye God-father of checkmate wisdom!

It's all relative......one man's patzer etc

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree