Android Chess

Android Chess

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
04 Jan 12
4 edits

A fairly weak chess programme for Android id Aart Bik.
Today I managed to win against level 4 (10 sec's per move) on the way home from work.

a

Moves
04 Jan 12
2 edits

Hello!

Nice game. When you say that the game is completely winning for you, does this mean that you know of a necessarily winning strategy, kind of like I can see a necessarily winning strategy with K + Q vs K, even though I can't calculate precisely what the exact, fastest winning line is? If so, could you spell it out for patzers such as myself. I can't see it, even after the queen exchange. Say after the exchange the computer counters by bringing the King to the queen's side. Could you D-pawn still have penetrated by force?

I had a game against the silicone beast I was quite proud of, though merely against Chessmaster 2000.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
05 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by amolv06
Say after the exchange the computer counters by bringing the King to the queen's side. Could you D-pawn still have penetrated by force?

When I say completely winning it's just how I evaluated the position, without trying to calculate any lines at all. I just thought that I would be able to play d4 to activate my bishop and king.
I may be wrong. White could counter by playing his king to the center as well. "it" must be careful, though, the e5 pawn could be hanging in some lines.

Edit: Forgot to say that your game was very nice!

w

on your backrank!

Moves
07 Jan 12
5 edits

The Art Bik programme for Android demonstrates in this game that it sometimes plays like a beginner. Even at level 4. The programme is white.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
08 Jan 12

Level 5 (30 seconds per move) does not appear to be stronger than level 4.
Once again the Aart Bik programme is white.

w

on your backrank!

Moves
09 Jan 12

In today's game I played white. Again against level 5.