Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 07 Jan '15 05:15
    isn't this one a stalemate? does white have to hit the claim draw for this to happen? am I missing something here? if it is a stalemate, i thought they were automatic ... game id number is 10874641
  2. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jan '15 05:16
    Originally posted by doug989
    isn't this one a stalemate? does white have to hit the claim draw for this to happen? am I missing something here? if it is a stalemate, i thought they were automatic ... game id number is 10874641
    Perhaps we should wait until the game finishes to discuss it.
  3. 07 Jan '15 05:18
    ok then obviously i am missing something, i dont see how white can move, but obviously i am missing something then ... so you are saying simply that it is NOT a stalemate?
  4. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    07 Jan '15 05:20
    ok then obviously i am missing something, i dont see how white can move, but obviously i am missing something then ... so you are saying simply that it is NOT a stalemate?
    I am withholding all commentary until the game is finished.
  5. 07 Jan '15 05:22
    k ... guess i will see ...
  6. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    07 Jan '15 06:27
    Dougo, maybe you've had a similar misunderstanding before.
  7. Subscriber rookorbycrook
    rookorbycrook
    07 Jan '15 11:04
    doug, its a stalemate, unless white just clicks offer draw so the title of the game ends draw and not stalemate even though its the same lol............. are there less points for a stalemate than an agreed draw??
  8. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jan '15 12:09
  9. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    07 Jan '15 12:23
    Are you looking at the board upside down?
  10. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    07 Jan '15 13:23
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    This post made me go back and look at other threads doug989 has made in similar situations, and there is a common theme.

In that context, the original thread post is equal parts hilarious and sad- setting aside the OP's blatant disregard for forum posting guidelines.

Truly, this post is a work of Art!
  11. 07 Jan '15 13:28
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

duh, just figured that out, and yes, i did, was hoping no one would remember that lol, just getting old i guess??
  12. 07 Jan '15 13:35
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    This post made me go back and look at other threads doug989 has made in similar situations, and there is a common theme.

In that context, the original thread post is equal parts hilarious and sad- setting aside the OP's blatant disregard for forum posting guidelines.

Truly, this post is a work of Art!

perhaps the common theme should be that now i know why i have dropped a couple hundo points off my ratings the past couple years!
  13. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jan '15 14:48
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    Are you looking at the board upside down?
    I posted the game. You all do realize it is not even Doug's game?
  14. 07 Jan '15 15:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I posted the game. You all do realize it is not even Doug's game?

don't think i ever said it was ... was just looking at it as a result of a tourney that i am in ...
  15. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jan '15 15:11 / 2 edits
    I have some comments on that game but I better not mention my concerns till a result shows up.

OMG, white just moved! So, he had a move after all!