Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 17 Jul '06 08:44
    is it harder to get people to play you as your rating goes up? i've found it harder just wonderd if someone else felt this way too.
  2. 17 Jul '06 08:55
    Not at all.
    You just enter tournaments.
  3. 17 Jul '06 09:06
    Originally posted by aging blitzer
    Not at all.
    You just enter tournaments.
    You mean:

    Not at all.
    Become a subscriber.
    And then you just enter tournaments.
  4. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    17 Jul '06 09:38
    Originally posted by kmac27
    is it harder to get people to play you as your rating goes up? i've found it harder just wonderd if someone else felt this way too.
    well, it's at least easier to get higher rated opponents. but open invites will always be populated by the lower rated, just because there's so much more of them. that's why you need to put your rating limit as high as you want your opponent to be. otherwise the gazillions of 1200's will click the invite before anyone else has the time...
  5. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    17 Jul '06 10:21
    Originally posted by wormwood
    well, it's at least easier to get higher rated opponents. but open invites will always be populated by the lower rated, just because there's so much more of them. that's why you need to put your rating limit as high as you want your opponent to be. otherwise the gazillions of 1200's will click the invite before anyone else has the time...
    I played a lot of open invites initially to get rid of that damn p rating.

    All that happened is I got 20 easy games, won them all and found my rating still went down. But at least it got rid of that p rating.

    Now its no problem playing stronger opponents!
  6. 17 Jul '06 15:30
    The rating limit on my open invites will always be 1300 - 1500 until I get to 1400 then it will be 1400-1600... until I get to 1500... etc.

    This way I am always playing against a worthy oponent.
  7. 17 Jul '06 16:19
    This way I am always playing against a worthy oponent.[/b]
    Aren't all opponents worthy, or is your ego bigger than mine.
  8. Standard member Dragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    17 Jul '06 16:50
    Originally posted by excalibur 8
    Aren't all opponents worthy, or is your ego bigger than mine.
    All players are worthy!

    It is perfectly possible for a 1800 rated player to lose to a 1300 rated.

    Believe me, I have done that!
  9. 18 Jul '06 12:20
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    After 12 pints maybe.
    Maybe even less in my case, were I to achieve 1800 in the first place.