assess this position

assess this position

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Hollow earth

Moves
07 Sep 08

Originally posted by anthias
Quick question: why hasn't anybody recommended e5 here for Black? It is not also included in the game. I found it very logical because of the reasons explained in my previous post. I would like to see what you think of it?
In my opinion the drawback of 10...,e5 is 11.Ne4 and black's f6 knight,an important defending piece,gets traded off or chased of it's best square.

I currently think 10....,Nb4 is black's best.This makes Korch's suggestion 10.c3 a possible important improvement but then the knight has to develop to d2..Korch,if you read this could you give a short follow up to 10.c3? 🙂

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
07 Sep 08

Originally posted by Katastroof
In my opinion the drawback of 10...,e5 is 11.Ne4 and black's f6 knight,an important defending piece,gets traded off or chased of it's best square.

I currently think 10....,Nb4 is black's best.This makes Korch's suggestion 10.c3 a possible important improvement but then the knight has to develop to d2..Korch,if you read this could you give a short follow up to 10.c3? 🙂
Yes - 10.c3 seems to have more perspective. After 10...Bd7 11.Nd2 White will intent to play Ne4 and iof black takes on e4 then Qxe4. provoking black to weaken kingside.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
07 Sep 08

Originally posted by Korch
At first sight White pieces seems to be better placed aiming for black kingside. On the other side white knight on c3 does nothing useful and it would be better if pawn would be on c3, covering b4 and d4.

At the moment black could play 1...Nd4 and after 2.Bc4 (2.Bb5 a6 with 3...b5 is pointless and after other continuations bishop will be exchanged with equality for black) Rd8 with Nbd5 to follow. Black seems to be OK.
Some correction: After 1...Nd4 2.Bc4 Rd8 white will have small plus after 3.Bg5 Be7 4.a3 so maybe better is 2....Bd7 with possible Bc6.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
07 Sep 08

Originally posted by Uries
Are you sure there aren't any tactics? White's bishops look like they are just asking for a double sacrifice could a stronger player look at that one?
I think the knight of f6 can't be there for the bishop sacs. Seeing as white doesn't have an e pawn, that'll be a tough thing to achieve.

D