1. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 19:31
    Hey people...please post what you think may be the best oppening and why....u can also include games u used this oppening and where things turned out well !!!!!

Me and my buddies are trying to find out what the best possible oppening is....

Thanks for all your comments !!!!
  2. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 19:41
    http://www.guide-faraday.co.uk/oriel%20window.jpg
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 19:43
    Originally posted by erichockey55
    Hey people...please post what you think may be the best oppening and why....u can also include games u used this oppening and where things turned out well !!!!!

To tell which Chess opening is the best is like trying to say which is the best color of something. Every person might have a very different opinion of the best way of starting a game.

Grandmaster Robert Fischer once wrote in his Bestseller book "My Sixty Memorable Games" that the first move 1.e2-e4 was "Best by test". Once this move is made, the reply from your opponent may dictate the opening to follow such the Ruy Lopez, French Defense, Sicilian Defense, etc.

I suggest you to try an opening you like the most and thoroughly study it with all its variations.
  4. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 19:43
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    http://www.guide-faraday.co.uk/oriel%20window.jpg
    that is an opening.

But I analized.

I am not sure where its going.
  5. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 20:04
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    that is an opening.

But I analized.

I am not sure where its going.
    If you look beyond the main lines, it is definitely going somewhere, but if you follow it through all the way you'd most likely get thrown off the premises.
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 20:21
    Thread 34101
  7. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 20:24

There is no best possible opening. Just do a little research, find the ones that you prefer and try them out.
  8. back in business
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 20:47
    Originally posted by ark13
    There is no best possible opening. Just do a little research, find the ones that you prefer and try them out.
    bull*hit. e4 is the best. trust me, and good things will happen to you.
  9. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 20:47
    As the serial killer said to the milkmaid.
  10. girls imaginations
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 00:03

hey, i know this thread! its the one you put in the wrong forum! just messin witcha.
  11. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 02:05
    It depends on what kind of game you like to play. If you prefer an open game, 1.e4 may be best. Its main drawback is that some lines are very sharp and one opening slip can cost the entire game. the other main moves such as 1.d4, 1.c4, and 1.Nf3 generally lead to more "positional" and maneuvering games, where if an inaccurate move is made in the opening it is not generally cause for alarm.
  12. Joined
    17 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '05 17:28
    The best opening is the one which eventually leads to a win. '-)
    Bobby Fischer liked e4.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree